The ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP) has reportedly announced that the two members of parliament from their party, Ashok Gajapathi Raju, Cabinet Minister, and Minister of Stare YS Chowdhary will be submitting their resignations, following the decision was taken by TDP to break the alliance with NDA.
This decision comes in the wake of the tussle that had been existing over the granting of special category status to Andhra Pradesh, and the subsequent urging of TDP MLAs to the CM Chandrababu Naidu to cut ties with BJP led NDA.
In fact, earlier today the finance minister Arun Jaitley had said that the government will assure to stand by the commitments and promises made with respect to the allocation of funds to Andhra Pradesh post bifurcation of the state, however adding the clause that the sentiments won't define the volume of funds, stating that the central government had other important things to look after. The Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu had wanted to meet PM Narendra Modi over the issue.
TDP MP Naramalli Sivaprasad, who was actively involved in the protest inside parliament for the demand of Special status to AP, said that the alliance between TDP-NDA had reached its climax, and a call would be soon taken. The TDP had given a deadline till March 10 for the BJP to decide on making the announcements regarding the allocation of funds as well the special category status.
With the decision by TDP now to withdraw from the alliance, it must be noted that the Congress president Rahul Gandhi had announced that Congress will grant AP the special category status if elected in 2019 elections.
Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power Moscow sources reported that Russia on Sunday is set to elect Vladimir Putin to a historic fourth Kremlin term, as the country faces increasing isolation over a spy poisoning in Britain and a fresh round of US sanctions. Meanwhile since taking power 18 years ago, Putin has stamped his total authority on the country, silencing opposition and reasserting Moscow's lost might abroad.
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?
- President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?
- US President criticized by United States for election meddling & other actions