The ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP) has reportedly announced that the two members of parliament from their party, Ashok Gajapathi Raju, Cabinet Minister, and Minister of Stare YS Chowdhary will be submitting their resignations, following the decision was taken by TDP to break the alliance with NDA.
This decision comes in the wake of the tussle that had been existing over the granting of special category status to Andhra Pradesh, and the subsequent urging of TDP MLAs to the CM Chandrababu Naidu to cut ties with BJP led NDA.
In fact, earlier today the finance minister Arun Jaitley had said that the government will assure to stand by the commitments and promises made with respect to the allocation of funds to Andhra Pradesh post bifurcation of the state, however adding the clause that the sentiments won't define the volume of funds, stating that the central government had other important things to look after. The Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu had wanted to meet PM Narendra Modi over the issue.
TDP MP Naramalli Sivaprasad, who was actively involved in the protest inside parliament for the demand of Special status to AP, said that the alliance between TDP-NDA had reached its climax, and a call would be soon taken. The TDP had given a deadline till March 10 for the BJP to decide on making the announcements regarding the allocation of funds as well the special category status.
With the decision by TDP now to withdraw from the alliance, it must be noted that the Congress president Rahul Gandhi had announced that Congress will grant AP the special category status if elected in 2019 elections.
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna