The ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP) has reportedly announced that the two members of parliament from their party, Ashok Gajapathi Raju, Cabinet Minister, and Minister of Stare YS Chowdhary will be submitting their resignations, following the decision was taken by TDP to break the alliance with NDA.
This decision comes in the wake of the tussle that had been existing over the granting of special category status to Andhra Pradesh, and the subsequent urging of TDP MLAs to the CM Chandrababu Naidu to cut ties with BJP led NDA.
In fact, earlier today the finance minister Arun Jaitley had said that the government will assure to stand by the commitments and promises made with respect to the allocation of funds to Andhra Pradesh post bifurcation of the state, however adding the clause that the sentiments won't define the volume of funds, stating that the central government had other important things to look after. The Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu had wanted to meet PM Narendra Modi over the issue.
TDP MP Naramalli Sivaprasad, who was actively involved in the protest inside parliament for the demand of Special status to AP, said that the alliance between TDP-NDA had reached its climax, and a call would be soon taken. The TDP had given a deadline till March 10 for the BJP to decide on making the announcements regarding the allocation of funds as well the special category status.
With the decision by TDP now to withdraw from the alliance, it must be noted that the Congress president Rahul Gandhi had announced that Congress will grant AP the special category status if elected in 2019 elections.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites