The ruling Telugu Desam Party (TDP) has reportedly announced that the two members of parliament from their party, Ashok Gajapathi Raju, Cabinet Minister, and Minister of Stare YS Chowdhary will be submitting their resignations, following the decision was taken by TDP to break the alliance with NDA.
This decision comes in the wake of the tussle that had been existing over the granting of special category status to Andhra Pradesh, and the subsequent urging of TDP MLAs to the CM Chandrababu Naidu to cut ties with BJP led NDA.
In fact, earlier today the finance minister Arun Jaitley had said that the government will assure to stand by the commitments and promises made with respect to the allocation of funds to Andhra Pradesh post bifurcation of the state, however adding the clause that the sentiments won't define the volume of funds, stating that the central government had other important things to look after. The Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu had wanted to meet PM Narendra Modi over the issue.
TDP MP Naramalli Sivaprasad, who was actively involved in the protest inside parliament for the demand of Special status to AP, said that the alliance between TDP-NDA had reached its climax, and a call would be soon taken. The TDP had given a deadline till March 10 for the BJP to decide on making the announcements regarding the allocation of funds as well the special category status.
With the decision by TDP now to withdraw from the alliance, it must be noted that the Congress president Rahul Gandhi had announced that Congress will grant AP the special category status if elected in 2019 elections.
Why Swami Paripoornanandha joined BJP? New Delhi sources made a statement that Sree Peetham mutt head Swami Paripoornanandha yesterday joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in presence of party national president Amit Shah, where BJP national general secretary Ram Madhav accompanied Swami in the meeting. When speaking to media after his joining in the national party, the seer said he was happy to have joined in the BJP.
- Transfer of a Govt school teacher is revoked
- RSS & BJP believe in totalitarianism: Owaisi
- A New Century luxury Sedan Car from Toyota
- PM Narendra Modi offered prayers at Shirdi Sai Baba Temple
- Train Bulldozes into a Crowd during Dussehra Festival in Amristar
- Donald Trump calls Congressman Gianforte an incredible Montana leader
- Nara Brahmani donated for Cyclone Titli affected areas
- Congress not ready to share their seats with other grand alliance
- Pon Radhakrishnan comments amid raging MeToo storm
- Prince Harry with Meghan having great time in Sydney Beach
- Know about Dussehra & Diwali Bank Holidays
- Bumrah responds to criticism
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today