New Delhi sources have stated that the Supreme Court on Wednesday said the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will not insist on Aadhaar-only identification for NEET and other all India examinations. Meanwhile a five-judge Constitution bench, headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra, said this while referring to an earlier order by which the government had undertaken that it will not insist on Aadhaar-only identification till the top court decides on petitions challenging the constitutional validity of Aadhaar.
According to sources the court order came on a plea by a Gujarat resident who has challenged the CBSE circular mandating Aadhaar-only identity for those appearing for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) examination for undergraduate medical courses: MBBS, Bachelor of Dental Surgery.
Earlier on Tuesday the Centre had told the Supreme
Court that if required it might consider extending the March 31 deadline for
linking Aadhaar to various government schemes as well as mobile phones and bank
accounts. Moreover the Attorney General KK Venugopal told the Constitution
Bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra hearing a bunch of petitions against
the Aadhaar law that the Centre had extended the deadline in the past too and
it can do so again.
Toll Gate Charges hiked! As per report commuters will now have to pay Rs 27 for a single trip and previously, it was Rs 25. Presently according a Tamilnadu Road Development Company press release, quoted by media outlets, a Light Commercial Vehicle would have to pay Rs 45, as opposed to Rs 41 in the past. Buses have to pay Rs 71, as opposed to Rs 65 in the past. Meanwhile Trucks see an Rs 10 increase, and having to pay Rs 107 instead of the existing Rs 97 and multi axle vehicles now have to pay Rs 213 as opposed to Rs 19
- Why Swami Paripoornanandha joined BJP?
- Transfer of a Govt school teacher is revoked
- RSS & BJP believe in totalitarianism: Owaisi
- A New Century luxury Sedan Car from Toyota
- PM Narendra Modi offered prayers at Shirdi Sai Baba Temple
- Train Bulldozes into a Crowd during Dussehra Festival in Amristar
- Donald Trump calls Congressman Gianforte an incredible Montana leader
- Nara Brahmani donated for Cyclone Titli affected areas
- Congress not ready to share their seats with other grand alliance
- Pon Radhakrishnan comments amid raging MeToo storm
- Prince Harry with Meghan having great time in Sydney Beach
- Know about Dussehra & Diwali Bank Holidays
- Bumrah responds to criticism
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!