New Delhi sources have stated that the Supreme Court on Wednesday said the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will not insist on Aadhaar-only identification for NEET and other all India examinations. Meanwhile a five-judge Constitution bench, headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra, said this while referring to an earlier order by which the government had undertaken that it will not insist on Aadhaar-only identification till the top court decides on petitions challenging the constitutional validity of Aadhaar.
According to sources the court order came on a plea by a Gujarat resident who has challenged the CBSE circular mandating Aadhaar-only identity for those appearing for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) examination for undergraduate medical courses: MBBS, Bachelor of Dental Surgery.
Earlier on Tuesday the Centre had told the Supreme
Court that if required it might consider extending the March 31 deadline for
linking Aadhaar to various government schemes as well as mobile phones and bank
accounts. Moreover the Attorney General KK Venugopal told the Constitution
Bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra hearing a bunch of petitions against
the Aadhaar law that the Centre had extended the deadline in the past too and
it can do so again.
Southern states join hands against Modi!! Despite heavy troubles given to people with demonetization, to the traders and businessmen with the implementation of GST, and the constant failures and non implementation of promised and proposed government schemes leading to a drastic economic downfall, the Modi lead government has been in the rule yet. However, the situation has now deteriorated further. The Modi lead BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, winning by a majority of 282 seats, and coming to rule.
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?
- President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?