Washington sources have reported that earlier on Wednesday the Museum announced that it was rescinding Suu Kyi's Elie Wiesel Award, which they presented to her in 2012. Meanwhile in a letter to Suu Kyi, Museum Director Sara Bloomfield insisted that they "did not take this decision lightly", but were compelled to act in light of mass displacements and killings of the Rohingya attributed to Myanmar's security forces.
According to sources the Nobel Laureate has been widely criticized for not taking a stronger stand in support of the Rohingya following mass displacements and disproportionate violence, particularly given her global standing. Meanwhile Bloomfield concludes, Suu Kyi's political party "refused to cooperate with UN investigators, promulgated hateful rhetoric against the Rohingya community, and denied access to and cracked down on journalists trying to uncover the scope of the crimes in Rakhine state".
Sources have stated that Suu Kyi studied at Oxford University's St Hugh's
College as an undergraduate. Her portrait in the college has since been
removed. Moreover the Elie Wiesel Award is named for the late Holocaust
survivor and author who, like Suu Kyi, is a Nobel Peace Prize laureate.
Mega family ready to campaign for Pawan in 2019 Polls Andhra Pradesh sources have stated that the entire Mega family, which stood behind Pawan Kalyan in Sri Reddy issue, is now contemplating to campaign for Pawan and Janasena in 2019 polls. While Naga Babu openly announced that he would join Janasena at appropriate time, now Ram Charan joined the chorus. Charan, who usually abstains from politics, too announced that he is ready to rally for Babai in elections which is indeed a happy moment for all mega fans.
- Will Vedanta's Copper Smelter be closed permanently?
- Hyderabadi Business magnet donates 1 Crore to TTD
- Can Chandrababu Naidu could bring Special Category Status to AP through his National Charisma?
- North Korea carried out demolition of its nuclear test site
- Rahul Gandhi dares PM for a fuel challenge
- Blue Methane flames burning in Hawaii Volcano
- Will Tuticorin return back to normalcy by new Collector?
- VIDEO emerged showing inhuman reaction of police in Tuticorin
- BJP has not given up its hopes on Karnataka yet
- CM Palanisamy's said anti social elements took protesters to wrong path
- Is there any master plan behind death of celebrities son?
- Deadly Nipah Virus taken its toll with one more person
- Bollywood pair Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone wedding date finalized
- State wide Bandh in Tamilnadu on May 25 in Sterlite issue
- DMK Chief Stalin evicted from Secretariat premises