New Delhi sources have stated that With TDP threatening to quit the NDA government, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley stepped in to pacify the sulking partner saying the Centre is committed to giving Andhra Pradesh financial assistance equivalent to a Special Category State (SCS). Meanwhile Jaitley said he agreed with the assessment that Andhra Pradesh was financially suffering after Telengana was carved out of the state and his government will honor each and every commitment made by the Centre at the time of bifurcation.
Furthermore on Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu's demand for fulfilling the promise of giving the state SCS, he said such a category did exist when the state was bifurcated in 2014, but presently after the implementation of the 14th Finance Commission recommendation, such a treatment is now constitutionally restricted to just the North Eastern and three hilly states.
Moreover for Andhra Pradesh, the centre committed to giving 90% of the
funds, equivalent to SCS, through other means like external agencies. Further
he added that the Union government was even willing to accept the state
government's suggestion of routing such funds through NABARD. Further on
meeting revenue deficit of the state and the Centre has already paid Rs 4,000
crore and only Rs 138 crore remain.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party