New Delhi sources have stated that With TDP threatening to quit the NDA government, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley stepped in to pacify the sulking partner saying the Centre is committed to giving Andhra Pradesh financial assistance equivalent to a Special Category State (SCS). Meanwhile Jaitley said he agreed with the assessment that Andhra Pradesh was financially suffering after Telengana was carved out of the state and his government will honor each and every commitment made by the Centre at the time of bifurcation.
Furthermore on Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu's demand for fulfilling the promise of giving the state SCS, he said such a category did exist when the state was bifurcated in 2014, but presently after the implementation of the 14th Finance Commission recommendation, such a treatment is now constitutionally restricted to just the North Eastern and three hilly states.
Moreover for Andhra Pradesh, the centre committed to giving 90% of the
funds, equivalent to SCS, through other means like external agencies. Further
he added that the Union government was even willing to accept the state
government's suggestion of routing such funds through NABARD. Further on
meeting revenue deficit of the state and the Centre has already paid Rs 4,000
crore and only Rs 138 crore remain.
YSR Congress gave notice for no-trust motion as SCS not granted to AP New Delhi sources have stated that the YSR Congress Party will pitch for taking up their notice of no-confidence motion against the Modi government when the Lok Sabha meets today amid no signs of a let-up in the deadlock in its proceedings. Meanwhile Y V Subba Reddy of the YSR Congress has written to the Lok Sabha secretariat to put his notice for the motion in the revised list of business for today.
- US told Pakistan to do more against Taliban & other terror groups operating
- Rahul says Modi is not fighting corruption, Modi is corruption
- AirAsia Flight returned to Bengaluru instead of landing in Chennai
- Controversial actress cites Modi as role model for Women!
- A Dog makes a plane to take diversion!
- 53 years old rapes 90 year old!!
- Southern states join hands against Modi!!
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?