According to sources Indian architect Balkrishna Doshi was awarded this year's Pritzker Prize for being able to interpret architecture and transform it into buildings that respect Eastern culture, at the same time that he has improved the quality of life in his homeland. According to the judging panel's statement the Pritzker Prize is regarded as architecture's equivalent to the Nobel Prize.
Meanwhile the judging panel said it recognized the Pune born architect for his "exceptional" work, his commitment and dedication to his country and its communities, his influence as a professor and for always being an excellent example for professionals and students the world over. Further the judging panel said in its statement that "Over the years, Balkrishna Doshi has always created an architecture that is serious, never flashy or a follower of trends".
Moreover the panel headed by Australia's Glenn Murcutt said "Doshi is
acutely aware of the context in which his buildings are located. His solutions
take into account the social, environmental and economic dimensions, and
therefore his architecture is totally engaged with sustainability".
Endorsement of a candidate considered a sign of consolidating votes in Karnataka According to sources Rahul Gandhi, the President of the All India Congress Committee, smiled and interacted with the children at the Sringeri Mutt in Chikkamagaluru district during his one-hour visit. Meanwhile Rahul Gandhi also spent time talking to the seer Jagadguru Shankaracharya during the visit.
- PM Narendra Modi's book EXAM WARRIORS changed attitude of many students
- Mayawati struggle for seat in UP became tougher- Here is why
- Voting underway for 26 remaining seats of 59 across seven states, with eyes on UP
- Why US President Trump's Russian Lawyer resigned?
- Interest shared between India, US Navies
- After Jallikattu, A Massive Protest against STERLITE Copper industries!
- Will Shami's sexual allegations cost him IPL 2018?
- "We switched off all CCTV's as soon as Jayalalitha was brought inside..." - Apollo Hospitals
- 7 States Leaders queued up to vote
- Crucial Rajya Sabha Polls Today!!!
- Hardik Pandya's FAKE Twitter Account's Tweet gets him arrested
- Social media made Narendra Modi storm into Power made him PM
- BJP's game plan seems to be target Lokesh & prove him corrupt
- New York City buildings regulator launched investigations at Kushner Cos properties
- Boris Johnson agrees with MPs Putin & Hitler comparison