According to sources Indian architect Balkrishna Doshi was awarded this year's Pritzker Prize for being able to interpret architecture and transform it into buildings that respect Eastern culture, at the same time that he has improved the quality of life in his homeland. According to the judging panel's statement the Pritzker Prize is regarded as architecture's equivalent to the Nobel Prize.
Meanwhile the judging panel said it recognized the Pune born architect for his "exceptional" work, his commitment and dedication to his country and its communities, his influence as a professor and for always being an excellent example for professionals and students the world over. Further the judging panel said in its statement that "Over the years, Balkrishna Doshi has always created an architecture that is serious, never flashy or a follower of trends".
Moreover the panel headed by Australia's Glenn Murcutt said "Doshi is
acutely aware of the context in which his buildings are located. His solutions
take into account the social, environmental and economic dimensions, and
therefore his architecture is totally engaged with sustainability".
IFF kick-started in Chennai Accordingly the 16th edition of the Chennai International Film Festival was kicked off in the city on Thursday with an inaugural function held at Kalaivanar Arangam. Reports added the festival will continue for a week until December 20. It is spearheaded by Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), CIFF is an annual event that showcases some of the best National and International films and draws a huge crowd of cinephiles, both young and old from across the state.
- Nepal Govt banned usage of Indian Currency Notes
- Banks be closed for 5 Days due to Merger
- Has Harish Rao's post given by TRS Party Supreme KCR?
- TRS party considering giving a representation to EC regarding symbol issues
- 13 Miners trapped in Coal pit yet to be rescued
- Donald Trump's son-in-law short listed for President's next chief of staff
- Rehana Fathima gets a bail and ban!
- BJP to focus on caste based votes!