Ballia sources have reported that the incident comes amid an ongoing spate of incidents targeting statues and busts of known figures across the country. Accordingly Station House Officer, Nagra, Ram Dinesh Tiwari, said the statue was damaged and a poster was also found pasted on it. Recently the police have lodged a case against unidentified persons on a complaint by Kharuav village chief Dushyant Singh.
Moreover the officer said that the matter is being investigated. Further according to sources Tiwari said no arrests have been made and the vandalized of the Hanuman statue comes after a series of incidents targeting statues and busts across the country.
Moreover in Kolkata, a bust of Jana Sangh founder Syama Prasad Mookerjee
was damaged yesterday following the razing of statues of Soviet icon Vladimir
Illyich Lenin in Tripura. Further the bust of Dravidian movement founder E V
Ramasamy Periyar in Tamilnadu's Vellore was also desecrated triggering
widespread protests across the state.
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna