A traffic policeman who was responsible for the death of a pregnant woman in Trichy yesterday has been suspended. Traffic policemen were involved in checkup of helmets and speeding, in Trichy's Tiruverumbur Roundtana, around 7:30 pm yesterday.
During the time, a couple from Thanjavur's Soolamangalam, Raja (a) Dharmaraj and Usha had crossed the route in their two wheeler. Usha was a 3 month pregnant woman, and when Raja did not stop the bike when signaled by the traffic policeman Kamaraj, Kamaraj was angered and he chased the bike, and kicked, following which the couple fell down, and van from behind ran over them, immediately killing the 30 year old Usha on spot, while Raja sustained major injuries.
Following this ruthless crime, the
public protested at the place, and Kamaraj had escaped from the spot. However,
Kamaraj was today arrested and Trichy IG Varatharaju has ordered him a
suspension. The public as well as Usha's family are protesting to file a case
of murder on Kamaraj.
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna