A traffic policeman who was responsible for the death of a pregnant woman in Trichy yesterday has been suspended. Traffic policemen were involved in checkup of helmets and speeding, in Trichy's Tiruverumbur Roundtana, around 7:30 pm yesterday.
During the time, a couple from Thanjavur's Soolamangalam, Raja (a) Dharmaraj and Usha had crossed the route in their two wheeler. Usha was a 3 month pregnant woman, and when Raja did not stop the bike when signaled by the traffic policeman Kamaraj, Kamaraj was angered and he chased the bike, and kicked, following which the couple fell down, and van from behind ran over them, immediately killing the 30 year old Usha on spot, while Raja sustained major injuries.
Following this ruthless crime, the
public protested at the place, and Kamaraj had escaped from the spot. However,
Kamaraj was today arrested and Trichy IG Varatharaju has ordered him a
suspension. The public as well as Usha's family are protesting to file a case
of murder on Kamaraj.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites