According to sources after serving as Chief Minister of state for twenty years, one would expect him to have a lavish home, some expensive cars and other comforts to enjoy the retirement days. But, Manik Sarkar after serving as the Chief Minister of Tripura for 20 years has moved over from official residence to CPI (M) state party office, where he will continue to make a living along with his wife.
Sources have stated that having made no money in politics, Manik Sarkar was one of the poorest Chief Ministers in India and yet, his lifestyle is an inspiration to a wave of youngsters. Meanwhile he rose to fame for leading a simplest of simple life while rest of CMs in India was busy in making crores of money.
Previously when Manik Sarkar was in office, he donated his monthly salary
to his party fund and made a living on the allowance offered by CPI (M).
Accordingly the state party unit allotted a room to Sarkar and his wife and the
couple will eat what is cooked in the party office kitchen. From the official
CM residence, Manik Sarkar had shifted a set of books, clothes and some CDs to
party office. Moreover Manik Sarkar's wife had earlier told that she would
donate Marxist literature and books to the party office library and the
Birchandra Central library in Agartala.
Southern states join hands against Modi!! Despite heavy troubles given to people with demonetization, to the traders and businessmen with the implementation of GST, and the constant failures and non implementation of promised and proposed government schemes leading to a drastic economic downfall, the Modi lead government has been in the rule yet. However, the situation has now deteriorated further. The Modi lead BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, winning by a majority of 282 seats, and coming to rule.
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?
- President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?