According to sources after serving as Chief Minister of state for twenty years, one would expect him to have a lavish home, some expensive cars and other comforts to enjoy the retirement days. But, Manik Sarkar after serving as the Chief Minister of Tripura for 20 years has moved over from official residence to CPI (M) state party office, where he will continue to make a living along with his wife.
Sources have stated that having made no money in politics, Manik Sarkar was one of the poorest Chief Ministers in India and yet, his lifestyle is an inspiration to a wave of youngsters. Meanwhile he rose to fame for leading a simplest of simple life while rest of CMs in India was busy in making crores of money.
Previously when Manik Sarkar was in office, he donated his monthly salary
to his party fund and made a living on the allowance offered by CPI (M).
Accordingly the state party unit allotted a room to Sarkar and his wife and the
couple will eat what is cooked in the party office kitchen. From the official
CM residence, Manik Sarkar had shifted a set of books, clothes and some CDs to
party office. Moreover Manik Sarkar's wife had earlier told that she would
donate Marxist literature and books to the party office library and the
Birchandra Central library in Agartala.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites