According to sources after serving as Chief Minister of state for twenty years, one would expect him to have a lavish home, some expensive cars and other comforts to enjoy the retirement days. But, Manik Sarkar after serving as the Chief Minister of Tripura for 20 years has moved over from official residence to CPI (M) state party office, where he will continue to make a living along with his wife.
Sources have stated that having made no money in politics, Manik Sarkar was one of the poorest Chief Ministers in India and yet, his lifestyle is an inspiration to a wave of youngsters. Meanwhile he rose to fame for leading a simplest of simple life while rest of CMs in India was busy in making crores of money.
Previously when Manik Sarkar was in office, he donated his monthly salary
to his party fund and made a living on the allowance offered by CPI (M).
Accordingly the state party unit allotted a room to Sarkar and his wife and the
couple will eat what is cooked in the party office kitchen. From the official
CM residence, Manik Sarkar had shifted a set of books, clothes and some CDs to
party office. Moreover Manik Sarkar's wife had earlier told that she would
donate Marxist literature and books to the party office library and the
Birchandra Central library in Agartala.
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna