According to sources the Mangalurean has a unique way to celebrate and inspire women through her extensive collection called ‘Women of India’. Sources reported that Jane has collected over 300 stamps, miniature sheets and first day covers which celebrate Indian women, and has categorized them by warriors, freedom fighters, politicians, diplomats, literary figures, arts and culture, cinema and social service, among others.
Meanwhile she was employed as a secretary in a British firm in Kuwait, where she was in-charge of handling correspondence. She said "We received letters from all over the world and her collection increased, when her employer learnt of my passion, he communicated to other branch offices to redirect postage covers to her".
Further the philatelist enrolled herself as a member of Dakshina Kannada
Philatelic and Numismatic Association (DKPNA) and started rebuilding her
extensive collection by exchanging stamps and moreover this time, Jane
collected stamps under categories such as Kuwait, Christmas and Women.
Furthermore as part of its Women’s Day celebrations, the Dakshina Kannada
Philatelic and Numismatic Association kept Jane's 'Women of India'
collection on display till March 11 at the Mangaluru Head Post Office.
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna