According to sources the Mangalurean has a unique way to celebrate and inspire women through her extensive collection called ‘Women of India’. Sources reported that Jane has collected over 300 stamps, miniature sheets and first day covers which celebrate Indian women, and has categorized them by warriors, freedom fighters, politicians, diplomats, literary figures, arts and culture, cinema and social service, among others.
Meanwhile she was employed as a secretary in a British firm in Kuwait, where she was in-charge of handling correspondence. She said "We received letters from all over the world and her collection increased, when her employer learnt of my passion, he communicated to other branch offices to redirect postage covers to her".
Further the philatelist enrolled herself as a member of Dakshina Kannada
Philatelic and Numismatic Association (DKPNA) and started rebuilding her
extensive collection by exchanging stamps and moreover this time, Jane
collected stamps under categories such as Kuwait, Christmas and Women.
Furthermore as part of its Women’s Day celebrations, the Dakshina Kannada
Philatelic and Numismatic Association kept Jane's 'Women of India'
collection on display till March 11 at the Mangaluru Head Post Office.
Southern states join hands against Modi!! Despite heavy troubles given to people with demonetization, to the traders and businessmen with the implementation of GST, and the constant failures and non implementation of promised and proposed government schemes leading to a drastic economic downfall, the Modi lead government has been in the rule yet. However, the situation has now deteriorated further. The Modi lead BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, winning by a majority of 282 seats, and coming to rule.
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?
- President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?