According to sources the launch of these eight new trains was announced by Railway Minister Piyush Goyal who was in Bengaluru recently to inspect the ongoing physical survey work, required for preparing the detailed feasibility report, for a revamp of Bengaluru’s suburban railway network. Goyal said "The eight new trains will be added within a week".
Meanwhile out of these eight new trains, four will run between Hosur and Banaswadi, and two each between Byappanahalli-Whitefield, Krantiveera Sangolli Rayanna (Majestic)-Byappanahalli routes. Further when speaking about the feasibility study, AK Gupta, General Manager, and SWR said “The report will contain details of traffic projections, rate of return as well as a detailed map and alignment. We expect a total of 6 months for it to be ready.”
Meanwhile, Minister Goyal praised the current government and said that
expenditure during the current tenure has gone up by 250%. Furthermore the
minister claimed that "The speed of new lines added during the last four
years has increased by 200%. Similarly, doubling work has been speed up by
60%, electrification work has gone up from 8 km to 177 km per year".
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna