New Delhi sources reported that Gitanjali Gems promoter Mehul Choski, who is under the scanner of investigating agencies following a complaint by the Punjab National Bank, has said it was impossible for him to return to India and join the investigation due to the suspension of his passport and ill-health.
In a detailed e-mail reply to the CBIs notice seeking his appearance, Choksi said he was not in a position to travel as his passport has been suspended by the authorities and he was undergoing medical treatment. As per report "He wants to assure your good office and good self that he is in no manner dictating the terms of his appearance. However, as his passport stands suspended by the Regional Passport Office under Section 10(3)(c) of the Passport Act, it is impossible for him to travel back to India”.
Moreover the CBI and the ED have registered two FIRs each to probe the
case. Both Choksi and Modi are said to have left the country before criminal
cases were lodged against them. They have, however, denied any wrongdoing.
Presently the ED, a central probe agency under the union finance ministry, is
investigating if the allegedly defrauded bank funds were laundered and proceeds
of crime were subsequently used by the accused to create illegal assets and
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna