New Delhi sources reported that Gitanjali Gems promoter Mehul Choski, who is under the scanner of investigating agencies following a complaint by the Punjab National Bank, has said it was impossible for him to return to India and join the investigation due to the suspension of his passport and ill-health.
In a detailed e-mail reply to the CBIs notice seeking his appearance, Choksi said he was not in a position to travel as his passport has been suspended by the authorities and he was undergoing medical treatment. As per report "He wants to assure your good office and good self that he is in no manner dictating the terms of his appearance. However, as his passport stands suspended by the Regional Passport Office under Section 10(3)(c) of the Passport Act, it is impossible for him to travel back to India”.
Moreover the CBI and the ED have registered two FIRs each to probe the
case. Both Choksi and Modi are said to have left the country before criminal
cases were lodged against them. They have, however, denied any wrongdoing.
Presently the ED, a central probe agency under the union finance ministry, is
investigating if the allegedly defrauded bank funds were laundered and proceeds
of crime were subsequently used by the accused to create illegal assets and
Will Vedanta's Copper Smelter be closed permanently? Tuticorin sources stated that Tamilnadu government said on Thursday that it was seeking a permanent closure of a big copper smelter run by London-listed Vedanta Resources after 13 people died in protests demanding the closure of the plant on environmental grounds. Sandeep Nanduri, the top official of the district where the plant is located said "The government's position is very clear, it doesn't want the plant to run”.
- Hyderabadi Business magnet donates 1 Crore to TTD
- Can Chandrababu Naidu could bring Special Category Status to AP through his National Charisma?
- North Korea carried out demolition of its nuclear test site
- Rahul Gandhi dares PM for a fuel challenge
- Blue Methane flames burning in Hawaii Volcano
- Will Tuticorin return back to normalcy by new Collector?
- VIDEO emerged showing inhuman reaction of police in Tuticorin
- BJP has not given up its hopes on Karnataka yet
- CM Palanisamy's said anti social elements took protesters to wrong path
- Is there any master plan behind death of celebrities son?
- Deadly Nipah Virus taken its toll with one more person
- Bollywood pair Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone wedding date finalized
- State wide Bandh in Tamilnadu on May 25 in Sterlite issue
- DMK Chief Stalin evicted from Secretariat premises
- Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India?