According to sources in a counter to Centre's stand on 'Special Category Status', the two Telugu Desham MPs Ashok Gajapathi Raju and Sujana Chowdary have quit Narendra Modi's cabinet on Thursday evening. Meanwhile the President of India also accepted both the resignations earlier today and tweeted that the role of 'Civil Aviation Minister' would be handled by Prime Minister himself.
As per the official tweet of Rashtrapati Bhavan it stated 'As advised by the Prime Minister, The President has directed that the work of the Ministry of Civil Aviation will be looked after by the Prime Minister'. Meanwhile suddenly, after Arun Jaitley reiterating that special status cannot be given to Andhra Pradesh, the two NDA alliance partners have confronted to the extent where the equation cannot be repaired anytime soon. Also, both the MPs who've submitted their resignations joined the protest with rest of the TDP members in parliament.
Meanwhile Ashok Gajapathi Raju was handling the
Ministry of Civil Aviation, Sujana Chowdary was minister of state for Science
and Technology and Earth Services. Further while submitting their resignations
to Prime Ministers, both the parliament members have briefed the reasons to
Narendra Modi in a 10 minute meeting.
Will Vedanta's Copper Smelter be closed permanently? Tuticorin sources stated that Tamilnadu government said on Thursday that it was seeking a permanent closure of a big copper smelter run by London-listed Vedanta Resources after 13 people died in protests demanding the closure of the plant on environmental grounds. Sandeep Nanduri, the top official of the district where the plant is located said "The government's position is very clear, it doesn't want the plant to run”.
- Hyderabadi Business magnet donates 1 Crore to TTD
- Can Chandrababu Naidu could bring Special Category Status to AP through his National Charisma?
- North Korea carried out demolition of its nuclear test site
- Rahul Gandhi dares PM for a fuel challenge
- Blue Methane flames burning in Hawaii Volcano
- Will Tuticorin return back to normalcy by new Collector?
- VIDEO emerged showing inhuman reaction of police in Tuticorin
- BJP has not given up its hopes on Karnataka yet
- CM Palanisamy's said anti social elements took protesters to wrong path
- Is there any master plan behind death of celebrities son?
- Deadly Nipah Virus taken its toll with one more person
- Bollywood pair Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone wedding date finalized
- State wide Bandh in Tamilnadu on May 25 in Sterlite issue
- DMK Chief Stalin evicted from Secretariat premises
- Will HD Kumaraswamy bring Karnataka as a model for India?