Tallahassee sources reported that recently Florida lawmakers have approved a bill that would end most child marriages. According to sources the House voted 109-1 for the bill, which would prohibit anyone under the age of 17 from getting married. Meanwhile according to sources the measure emerged after a compromise with the Senate, which originally voted to ban marriages of anyone under 18.
Accordingly the bill says anyone marrying a 17 year old can't be more than two years older, and minors need parental consent. Presently according to the 16 and 17 year old can marry with the consent of both sets of parents. If a pregnancy is involved, there's no minimum age for marriage if a judge approves.
Moreover the Republican Rep George Moraitis voted no. He said last month during a committee meeting that it's "very reasonable" to allow 16 and 17 year olds to marry with parental consent, regardless of whether the girl is pregnant.
Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power Moscow sources reported that Russia on Sunday is set to elect Vladimir Putin to a historic fourth Kremlin term, as the country faces increasing isolation over a spy poisoning in Britain and a fresh round of US sanctions. Meanwhile since taking power 18 years ago, Putin has stamped his total authority on the country, silencing opposition and reasserting Moscow's lost might abroad.
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?
- President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?
- US President criticized by United States for election meddling & other actions