Tallahassee sources reported that recently Florida lawmakers have approved a bill that would end most child marriages. According to sources the House voted 109-1 for the bill, which would prohibit anyone under the age of 17 from getting married. Meanwhile according to sources the measure emerged after a compromise with the Senate, which originally voted to ban marriages of anyone under 18.
Accordingly the bill says anyone marrying a 17 year old can't be more than two years older, and minors need parental consent. Presently according to the 16 and 17 year old can marry with the consent of both sets of parents. If a pregnancy is involved, there's no minimum age for marriage if a judge approves.
Moreover the Republican Rep George Moraitis voted no. He said last month during a committee meeting that it's "very reasonable" to allow 16 and 17 year olds to marry with parental consent, regardless of whether the girl is pregnant.
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna