Brussels sources reported that European Union spokeswoman Maja Kocijancic also welcomed reports that the North is willing to discuss ending its nuclear program and halt testing while talks take place, saying it could prepare the ground for a negotiated resolution. Meanwhile the global tensions with the reclusive regime have been at fever pitch for months, with Pyongyang testing nuclear and ballistic weapons in defiance of international condemnation and Trump and Kim trading insults, raising fears of war.
Kocijancic told reporters, saying the EU looked forward to the outcome of the talks that "They believe President Trump's readiness to accept Kim Jong Un's invitation to a summit meeting by May also represents a positive development". Moreover it EU has tough sanctions in place against North Korea over its nuclear and ballistic weapons programs as part of international efforts to force Pyongyang to the negotiating table.
Previously this week Seoul's national security adviser returned from talks
in Pyongyang with agreement for an inter-Korean summit in April and a pledge
from the North to end its nuclear program if its security is guaranteed.
Southern states join hands against Modi!! Despite heavy troubles given to people with demonetization, to the traders and businessmen with the implementation of GST, and the constant failures and non implementation of promised and proposed government schemes leading to a drastic economic downfall, the Modi lead government has been in the rule yet. However, the situation has now deteriorated further. The Modi lead BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, winning by a majority of 282 seats, and coming to rule.
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?
- President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?