London sources reported that global wine production slumped to its lowest level in more than 50 years in 2017 after vines in the world’s top three producers France, Spain and Italy were ravaged by extreme hot and cold weather. Meanwhile a media report said hard hit regions include those producing Rioja and prosecco, which make large quantities of the affordable wines sold in supermarkets.
Dan Jago, Chief Executive of high end wine merchant said "They will start to see those wines coming to the market now and he thinks for higher volume, lower price wine you will see cost increases". Moreover the prices for things like pinot grigio or generic Spanish reds will rise by between 10% and 30% and it's how much of that retailers will pass on.
As per report Jago added "Prosecco was very hard hit by frost, so
there will be less of it and the price will go up". Moreover the
International Organization of Vine and Wine estimates global wine production
dropped 8 per cent to 247m hectoliters in 2017, the worst global harvest since
1961. Accordingly a hectoliter is the equivalent to 133 standard wine
bottles, so the fall in output equates to about 2.9 billion fewer
Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article Hyderabad sources made a statement that after taking swift action on websites that posted news of a rumored affair between film actor Prabhas and Y.S. Sharmila, sister of YSRCP chief Y.S Jaganmohan Reddy, the Hyderabad Police sent notices to 12 websites which have published such defamatory articles and videos.
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites
- Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall