London sources reported that global wine production slumped to its lowest level in more than 50 years in 2017 after vines in the world’s top three producers France, Spain and Italy were ravaged by extreme hot and cold weather. Meanwhile a media report said hard hit regions include those producing Rioja and prosecco, which make large quantities of the affordable wines sold in supermarkets.
Dan Jago, Chief Executive of high end wine merchant said "They will start to see those wines coming to the market now and he thinks for higher volume, lower price wine you will see cost increases". Moreover the prices for things like pinot grigio or generic Spanish reds will rise by between 10% and 30% and it's how much of that retailers will pass on.
As per report Jago added "Prosecco was very hard hit by frost, so
there will be less of it and the price will go up". Moreover the
International Organization of Vine and Wine estimates global wine production
dropped 8 per cent to 247m hectoliters in 2017, the worst global harvest since
1961. Accordingly a hectoliter is the equivalent to 133 standard wine
bottles, so the fall in output equates to about 2.9 billion fewer
Southern states join hands against Modi!! Despite heavy troubles given to people with demonetization, to the traders and businessmen with the implementation of GST, and the constant failures and non implementation of promised and proposed government schemes leading to a drastic economic downfall, the Modi lead government has been in the rule yet. However, the situation has now deteriorated further. The Modi lead BJP had won the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, winning by a majority of 282 seats, and coming to rule.
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?
- President arrived in Bhubaneswar on a two day visit to Odisha
- US to assess the impact of Heartfulness Meditation on insomnia
- Pawan blasted Chandrababu Naidu, since he is misguided
- US provides 15% of its weapons imports throughout globe
- Presidential period prolonged for Xi Jingping
- Singapore, worlds most expensive city for 5th consecutive year
- Ugadi celebrations and scientific reasons?