Chennai sources reported that after a series of legal skirmishes over allotment of a party symbol, sidelined AIADMK leader TTV Dhinakaran on Sunday said that he would announce the name of his political party and unveil the flag in Madurai later this week. He said "Following the acceptance of our plea in the Delhi High Court, a function to announce the name of the party and introduce the party flag will be held on March 15 at 9 am at Melur in Madurai district".
Meanwhile the Delhi HC's order came on an interim application filed by the Dhinakaran-VK Sasikala faction in their main petition challenging the Election Commission's November 23 order last year, which had allotted 'two leaves' symbol to the group headed by Chief Minister K Palanisamy and his deputy O Panneerselvam.
Earlier Dhinakaran, who won the RK Nagar Assembly by poll, held in December
last as an independent candidate on the 'pressure cooker' symbol, had earlier
told the court that he needed a temporary name and symbol for his group to
interact with the electorate in the eventuality of elections to local bodies or
any other polls. Moreover RK Nagar MLA's announcement to launch a political
party comes weeks after actor cum politician Kamal Hassan floated his party 'Makkal
Needhi Maiam' in Madurai.
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna