Chennai sources reported that after a series of legal skirmishes over allotment of a party symbol, sidelined AIADMK leader TTV Dhinakaran on Sunday said that he would announce the name of his political party and unveil the flag in Madurai later this week. He said "Following the acceptance of our plea in the Delhi High Court, a function to announce the name of the party and introduce the party flag will be held on March 15 at 9 am at Melur in Madurai district".
Meanwhile the Delhi HC's order came on an interim application filed by the Dhinakaran-VK Sasikala faction in their main petition challenging the Election Commission's November 23 order last year, which had allotted 'two leaves' symbol to the group headed by Chief Minister K Palanisamy and his deputy O Panneerselvam.
Earlier Dhinakaran, who won the RK Nagar Assembly by poll, held in December
last as an independent candidate on the 'pressure cooker' symbol, had earlier
told the court that he needed a temporary name and symbol for his group to
interact with the electorate in the eventuality of elections to local bodies or
any other polls. Moreover RK Nagar MLA's announcement to launch a political
party comes weeks after actor cum politician Kamal Hassan floated his party 'Makkal
Needhi Maiam' in Madurai.
RSS & BJP believe in totalitarianism: Owaisi Hyderabad sources added that MIM president Asaduddin Owaisi reacted to RSS Mohan Bhagwat's demand for a law to build a grand Ram temple at Ayodhya. Meanwhile the Hyderabad MP said that Bhagwat's statement was a clear example of a nation converted into totalitarianism. Owaisi told reporters here "The RSS and BJP believe in totalitarianism and they do not believe in pluralism or in rule of law".
- A New Century luxury Sedan Car from Toyota
- PM Narendra Modi offered prayers at Shirdi Sai Baba Temple
- Train Bulldozes into a Crowd during Dussehra Festival in Amristar
- Donald Trump calls Congressman Gianforte an incredible Montana leader
- Nara Brahmani donated for Cyclone Titli affected areas
- Congress not ready to share their seats with other grand alliance
- Pon Radhakrishnan comments amid raging MeToo storm
- Prince Harry with Meghan having great time in Sydney Beach
- Know about Dussehra & Diwali Bank Holidays
- Bumrah responds to criticism
- Menaka Gandhi demands Internal Committee!
- Rains to begin in TN soon!
- Former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, NT Tiwary passed away today
- Top Destinations to Spend Dussehra Holidays 2018
- Famous Temples to visit during Navaratri in South India