Chennai sources reported that after a series of legal skirmishes over allotment of a party symbol, sidelined AIADMK leader TTV Dhinakaran on Sunday said that he would announce the name of his political party and unveil the flag in Madurai later this week. He said "Following the acceptance of our plea in the Delhi High Court, a function to announce the name of the party and introduce the party flag will be held on March 15 at 9 am at Melur in Madurai district".
Meanwhile the Delhi HC's order came on an interim application filed by the Dhinakaran-VK Sasikala faction in their main petition challenging the Election Commission's November 23 order last year, which had allotted 'two leaves' symbol to the group headed by Chief Minister K Palanisamy and his deputy O Panneerselvam.
Earlier Dhinakaran, who won the RK Nagar Assembly by poll, held in December
last as an independent candidate on the 'pressure cooker' symbol, had earlier
told the court that he needed a temporary name and symbol for his group to
interact with the electorate in the eventuality of elections to local bodies or
any other polls. Moreover RK Nagar MLA's announcement to launch a political
party comes weeks after actor cum politician Kamal Hassan floated his party 'Makkal
Needhi Maiam' in Madurai.
Police assaults and thrashes Jadeja's wife Reeva and pulls her hair after accident Indian Test Cricketer and Chennai Super Kings Player Ravindra Jadeja's wife Reeva was assaulted by a Police constable. This happened after a minor accident happened as Reeva's car hit a Police vehicle. The constable who goes by the name Sanjay Ahir has been detained immediately.
- AP CMs new & shocking order to his officials
- Both petroleum products & liquor sales in Tamilnadu are covered under VAT regime
- Can Kamal Hassan concentrate in both activities at the same time?
- JD (S) leader & Karnataka CM H D Kumaraswamy met Congress President Rahul Gandhi & Sonia Gandhi
- #SterliteProtest - Jallianwala Bagh Massacre repeated in Thoothukudi by Impotent TN ADMK Govt
- #Sterliteprotest - Citizens Protest against Pollution caused by Factory - TN Govt and Police attack Protesters
- Center for Science & Environment urg Sania Mirza to disassociate her from Poultry Advertisement
- PM Narendra Modi reached Russia to meet Putin
- ARE TEMPLES A DEVOTEES SANCTITY OR OFFICIALS AUTHORITY
- Telangana under scorching sun rays for three more days
- China catapulted a relay satellite to establish communication between Earth and Lunar probe
- Girl killed for asking wages!
- Acid test for Kamal's political party!
- Decision on Deputy CM tomorrow!
- Fake claims by Congress revealed!