According to sources Syrian women often lead households alone, because men fight or travel abroad, they said, while a lack of working hospitals meant an unknown number had died at home in childbirth. Meanwhile others were sexually exploited venturing out for food or aid. Further Laila Alodaat, a Syrian human rights lawyer, said the proliferation of weapons in households had also increased rates of domestic abuse and violence.
Alodaat said "This is one of the most violent conflicts of all time and however it's one where we do not see the experiences of women” and other pressures include their being the primary caregivers, and trying to maintain everyday life during war. Moreover the conflict will enter its eighth year next week, having killed hundreds of thousands of people and forced half of the pre-war population of about 23 million from their homes.
Azzam, a Syrian filmmaker and author said "She thinks the uprising has
eased a lot of the social pressure on women and girls to submit to old-fashioned
and extremely conservative values”.
List of links & locations for donating funds & supplies to Kerala Flood Relief As per report heavy rains and the subsequent flooding in Kerala have wreaked havoc in several parts of the state. Meanwhile as houses have been completely waterlogged and destroyed, many have become homeless and taken refuge in relief camps. Several people have even been marooned in their own houses, without food, water, electricity and other basic supplies and following this, people from all quarters, including
- No 108 Services at night in AP
- 32,000 Servers, 595 Smart Homes in India in risk of leaking data
- States which declared Holiday on demise of Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Leyland next focus is launching Double Decker Buses in Tamilnadu
- Vajpayee led a dedicated, Careless Work Ethics
- Will 3 UP Airports names be renamed?
- KCR orders Officers to be alert during heavy Rain
- What's Alagiri's next plan?
- Kollidam break leads to flood!
- A never before witnesses calamity in Kerala!
- Vajpayee cremated with National Honors!
- SC told Tamilnadu to scrupulously comply to reduce water level in Mullaiperiyaar Dam
- Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna