According to sources Syrian women often lead households alone, because men fight or travel abroad, they said, while a lack of working hospitals meant an unknown number had died at home in childbirth. Meanwhile others were sexually exploited venturing out for food or aid. Further Laila Alodaat, a Syrian human rights lawyer, said the proliferation of weapons in households had also increased rates of domestic abuse and violence.
Alodaat said "This is one of the most violent conflicts of all time and however it's one where we do not see the experiences of women” and other pressures include their being the primary caregivers, and trying to maintain everyday life during war. Moreover the conflict will enter its eighth year next week, having killed hundreds of thousands of people and forced half of the pre-war population of about 23 million from their homes.
Azzam, a Syrian filmmaker and author said "She thinks the uprising has
eased a lot of the social pressure on women and girls to submit to old-fashioned
and extremely conservative values”.
Mega family ready to campaign for Pawan in 2019 Polls Andhra Pradesh sources have stated that the entire Mega family, which stood behind Pawan Kalyan in Sri Reddy issue, is now contemplating to campaign for Pawan and Janasena in 2019 polls. While Naga Babu openly announced that he would join Janasena at appropriate time, now Ram Charan joined the chorus. Charan, who usually abstains from politics, too announced that he is ready to rally for Babai in elections which is indeed a happy moment for all mega fans.
- Will Vedanta's Copper Smelter be closed permanently?
- Hyderabadi Business magnet donates 1 Crore to TTD
- Can Chandrababu Naidu could bring Special Category Status to AP through his National Charisma?
- North Korea carried out demolition of its nuclear test site
- Rahul Gandhi dares PM for a fuel challenge
- Blue Methane flames burning in Hawaii Volcano
- Will Tuticorin return back to normalcy by new Collector?
- VIDEO emerged showing inhuman reaction of police in Tuticorin
- BJP has not given up its hopes on Karnataka yet
- CM Palanisamy's said anti social elements took protesters to wrong path
- Is there any master plan behind death of celebrities son?
- Deadly Nipah Virus taken its toll with one more person
- Bollywood pair Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone wedding date finalized
- State wide Bandh in Tamilnadu on May 25 in Sterlite issue
- DMK Chief Stalin evicted from Secretariat premises