Chennai sources reported that this time it plans to send a rover to explore the lunar surface. If the April launch of the Chandrayaan-2, the country's second mission to the Moon, is not possible, then the ISRO will aim for a launch by October. Indian Space Research Organization chairman K Sivan told reporters “They are aiming for the launch of Chandrayaan-2 in April. In case we are unable to do so, then we will try for a launch by October”.
Accordingly the Chandrayaan-2 satellite would comprise an orbiter, Lander and six-wheeled rover which would move around the landing site and instruments on it would send back data that would be useful in analyzing the lunar soil. Meanwhile after reaching the lunar orbit, the Lander housing the rover will separate from the orbiter.
Further after a controlled descent, the Lander will
soft land on the lunar surface at a specified site and deploy the rover. Sivan
said scientists were also gearing up for the launch of communication satellite
GSAT-6 on-board GSLV-F08, scheduled later this month. He said "Their
immediate plan is a GSLV flight. We are planning to launch it by the end of
this month. After that we plan to launch navigation satellite IRNSS-1I”.
YSR Congress gave notice for no-trust motion as SCS not granted to AP New Delhi sources have stated that the YSR Congress Party will pitch for taking up their notice of no-confidence motion against the Modi government when the Lok Sabha meets today amid no signs of a let-up in the deadlock in its proceedings. Meanwhile Y V Subba Reddy of the YSR Congress has written to the Lok Sabha secretariat to put his notice for the motion in the revised list of business for today.
- US told Pakistan to do more against Taliban & other terror groups operating
- Rahul says Modi is not fighting corruption, Modi is corruption
- AirAsia Flight returned to Bengaluru instead of landing in Chennai
- Controversial actress cites Modi as role model for Women!
- A Dog makes a plane to take diversion!
- 53 years old rapes 90 year old!!
- Southern states join hands against Modi!!
- Putin uses election run-up to emphasize Russia's role as a major world power
- Jagan Mohan Reddy will be the new Chief Minister says YSR Panchangam!
- Saudi Crown Prince Vision 2030 seeks to jump-start women's sports
- KCR plans to meet West Bengal CM soon
- Sonia Gandhi feels Modi's policies are dramebaazi
- Issue of No Confidence Motion brought attention of nation towards AP
- Sri Lanka lifted a week-long ban on Facebook
- Why Shami wants to meet West Bengal CM?