Chennai sources reported that this time it plans to send a rover to explore the lunar surface. If the April launch of the Chandrayaan-2, the country's second mission to the Moon, is not possible, then the ISRO will aim for a launch by October. Indian Space Research Organization chairman K Sivan told reporters “They are aiming for the launch of Chandrayaan-2 in April. In case we are unable to do so, then we will try for a launch by October”.
Accordingly the Chandrayaan-2 satellite would comprise an orbiter, Lander and six-wheeled rover which would move around the landing site and instruments on it would send back data that would be useful in analyzing the lunar soil. Meanwhile after reaching the lunar orbit, the Lander housing the rover will separate from the orbiter.
Further after a controlled descent, the Lander will
soft land on the lunar surface at a specified site and deploy the rover. Sivan
said scientists were also gearing up for the launch of communication satellite
GSAT-6 on-board GSLV-F08, scheduled later this month. He said "Their
immediate plan is a GSLV flight. We are planning to launch it by the end of
this month. After that we plan to launch navigation satellite IRNSS-1I”.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party