In the most talked about Malayalam actress abduction case, which happened last year, actor Dileep, the 8th accused currently, had been delaying the proceedings of the case, but the Kerala High Court has said that the trial cannot be postponed any further. While the trial was scheduled to begin on March 14, Dileep had presented his views that he was yet to receive the visual evidence of the assault from the police, and this being crucial evidence, he had wanted a delay in the trial.
The incident had happened on February 2017, when the actress was traveling from Trissur to Kochi. The court has now said that though it cannot delay the Proceedings at Ernakulam Principal Sessions Court, it has demanded an explanation from the State government as well. The petition will have its hearing on March 21.
In February, when Dileep had moved
to the court, with the plea to get to see the assault visuals, the police had
objected that since Dileep was a highly influential person, he could
tamper the crucial evidence, and also considering the victim's privacy, the
visuals weren't given to the actor. As instructed by the court, they had later
given the CCTV footage of the actor being kidnapped in the car. The Ernakulam
sessions court has now sent summons to the 12 accused, to appear on
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?