Karthi Chidambaram should not be given any special treatments or facilities, instructed Chief justice Sunil Rana. Recently, Karthi Chidambaram was arrested in the cases of frauds and money laundering by INX group, when he had been arriving from London to Chennai, and the arrest took place at the airport itself.
As he was presented before the Delhi Patiala Court, he was sentenced to four times imprisonment, and after the tenure of the 4th court arrest, as he was presented before Judge Sunil Rana. The CBI officials had requested the court to order Karthi Chidambaram's arrest. Following the request, the judge immediately ordered the imprisonment of Karthi Chidambaram for 12 days in Tihar Jail.
As his father Chidambaram happens to
be a former central minister, Karthi Chidambaram had requested the he wanted
several facilities like Home food to be brought to the jail daily. However,
Judge Sunil Rana didn't pay heed to his request, and denied his plea, ordering
that Karthi Chidambaram should not be given any kind of special facilities or
treatments as he has a political background. The justice had also ordered that
Karthi Chidambaram must be treated like any other prisoner, and no separate
cell/ VIP cell should be allocated to him.
Ferry sank in Lake Toba, World's Largest Volcanic Lake, 200 missing Jakarta sources added police said on Wednesday that more than 190 people are now believed to be missing after Monday's ferry disaster on Lake Toba, on the Indonesian island of Sumatra. Meanwhile the number, revised up from 130, is three times the number of passengers the ferry was licensed to carry.
- AP where a Line Inspector is worth Rs 25 crore!
- YSR Congress MPs to launch intensive campaign
- Passport officer punished for religious remark!!
- A teacher's transfer and heartwarming scenes!!
- Indian import duty counters attack!
- Kamal on Congress alliance!
- KTR promises saying "We will give jobs for 10,000 to 15,000 by setting up Steel Plant in Telangana"
- Star Kannada Starlets involved in Canada sex racket
- Niti Aayog wide of the mark in letter indicated CM's office is in Hyderabad
- PM said world embraced Yoga & Glimpses be seen every year
- Finally, YSRCP MPs resignations are accepted
- One Plus 6 model is a failure with the new Face Unlock feature
- Ganta dares ABN survey, says it is cooked up
- Twitter to ban users who are less than 13 years of age
- Rare diseases will be treated in VHS, Chennai