Washington sources added that the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) said it has reached the Congressionally-mandated 65,000 H-1B visa cap for fiscal year 2019 and would conduct a lottery to decide successful applicants for the work visa popular among Indian IT professionals. Meanwhile the fiscal year begins October 1, 2018.
Accordingly the H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows US companies to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise. Further the technology companies depend on it to hire tens of thousands of employees each year from countries like India and China. Meanwhile as per the statement the USCIS has also received a sufficient number of H-1B petitions to meet the 20,000 visa cap for advanced degree exemption, known as the master's cap.
Moreover the statement did not mention the exact number of H-1B petitions
it received since April 2, when it started accepting applications for the
popular work visas for highly skilled Indian professionals. It added “They will
not have exact petition receipt numbers for a few weeks. However, the USCIS
will be conducting a lottery as we have done in past years. USCIS will continue
to accept and process petitions filed to extend the amount of time a current
H-1B worker may remain in the United States; change the terms of employment for
current H-1B workers”.
Excitement continues for France after winning FIFA World Cup 2018 According to sources France scored twice in each half as they thumped a combative Croatia 4-2 in a dramatic final to win the FIFA World Cup for the second time in 20 years here on Sunday. According to report a first ever own goal in a World Cup final gave France the lead as Mario Mandzukic headed a free kick into his own net in the 18th minute but Croatia pulled level through a strike from Ivan Perisic in the 28th minute.
- Heavy rains lashed Kerala, reliable camps functioning
- Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi warned SVMCH College to a fee dispute
- Former Indian Cricket Captain Mohammed Azharuddin ready to fight 2019 Polls
- Controversy after ADMK MLA condoles Rowdy death!
- Trump and his discussion with Putin!
- Why so many IT Raids in Tamil Nadu?
- Gopu and Babu join BJP!
- Crores of rupees donated by NRIs for Tirumala
- Amidst huge tension Trump & Putin met for a Summit
- This country celebrated a day without cell phone
- CM Chandrababu has history of taking credit for central government schemes
- Pakistani Actress accuses her co-star on Sexual harassment case
- India's Growth is at Risk if Modi is not re-elected in 2019 Elections
- "We will bring Non-Confidence Motion against BJP..." says Mr. Chandrababu Naidu
- Trump public life filled with controversial statements about immigrants