According to sources several MPs from the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) were detained by the Delhi police as they sat on a protest outside Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s residence on Sunday morning, demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh. Meanwhile the MPs were forcibly removed by policemen and security personnel from outside 7, Lok Kalyan Marg in the national capital, even as they continued shouting slogans and waving placards.
Previously the TDP had staged a similar protest at the chambers of Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan on Friday after they failed to get an appointment with her. Meanwhile they had to be forcefully removed later in the evening. Moreover Delhi CM Kejriwal asked them to move and said he will support for getting special status for AP.
Accordingly TDP supremo and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu
Naidu hinted that unlike YSRCP, his party MPs would not resign. Further
the CM said that his party MPs would instead continue to fight and agitate and not
run away from the scene. Moreover after launching an attack on the Centre,
Naidu warned that the TDP will agitate more vociferously, if the Centre didn’t
accord SCS to the state.
BJP Member says She will change constitution! BJP prominent member and Women and Child welfare minister of Maharashtra named Pankaja Munde is now embroiled in a huge controversy following her sensational and wrong statement that BJP once elected to the throne again will change the constituency after Lok Sabha elections.
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin
- Twitter account, RG-Wayanad caters to needs of Kerala media
- Voting in Phase 2 Lok Sabha Election begins
- First major raid conducted on BJP leaders in Karnataka