The Tamilnadu cricket association has refuted the rumors that the IPL matches that were earlier scheduled to be held in Chennai will be transferred to Trivandrum. Following the protests happening across the state demanding the formation of Cauvery river management committee, there were widespread demands from across different forums, to ban IPL in the state, and there were also plans to disrupt the matches scheduled in Chennai by protesting in the chepauk stadium.
In such a scenario, the IPL 2018 began yesterday with the inaugural ceremony and the opening match between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings, with the latter winning the match, in a nail biting thriller. The first match of Chennai Super kings in Chennai will be played on 10th April at the Chepauk stadium against Kolkata Knight Riders.
With the rising
pressure to ban IPL and to disrupt the matches with protests, there was news
that meetings and discussions have been held with Kerala Cricket association to
shift the matches to Trivandrum, but the Tamilnadu Cricket association has
dismissed it as mere rumors, and the same has been said by Chennai Super Kings
management as well.
Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings The Election Commission is verifying a complaint by the opposition YSR Congress against Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on alleged violation of the model code of conduct. The Opposition Party has stated in its complaint objected and questioned how can a caretaker CM hold review meetings as Naidu is doing.
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin
- Twitter account, RG-Wayanad caters to needs of Kerala media