The Tamilnadu cricket association has refuted the rumors that the IPL matches that were earlier scheduled to be held in Chennai will be transferred to Trivandrum. Following the protests happening across the state demanding the formation of Cauvery river management committee, there were widespread demands from across different forums, to ban IPL in the state, and there were also plans to disrupt the matches scheduled in Chennai by protesting in the chepauk stadium.
In such a scenario, the IPL 2018 began yesterday with the inaugural ceremony and the opening match between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings, with the latter winning the match, in a nail biting thriller. The first match of Chennai Super kings in Chennai will be played on 10th April at the Chepauk stadium against Kolkata Knight Riders.
With the rising
pressure to ban IPL and to disrupt the matches with protests, there was news
that meetings and discussions have been held with Kerala Cricket association to
shift the matches to Trivandrum, but the Tamilnadu Cricket association has
dismissed it as mere rumors, and the same has been said by Chennai Super Kings
management as well.
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code