Beijing sources reported that according to the Chongqing Institute of Green and Intelligent Technology, developer of the system an increasing number of Chinese airports are now using facial recognition systems to help quicken their security checks for the convenience of travelers. Meanwhile a total of 557 security channels at 62 airports, including Shanghai Pudong International Airport and Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, have been equipped with the auxiliary system.
According to sources the system has proved its efficiency and accuracy after being used by about 80% of the country's airports whose annual passenger throughput exceeds 30 million people.
Shi Yu, head of the
institute said "It takes less than one second for the system to match a
passenger's face with their ID photo, while checking the validity of the
credentials". Moreover with the system, passengers can avoid check-in
formalities and go directly to the security channels, where cameras capture
images of their faces and scan their ID cards or passports to verify their
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code