According to sources the Chinese Smartphone maker Xiaomi had announced the opening of three more Smartphone plants in India along with the company's first Surface Mount Technology (SMT) plant in Chennai that will manufacture printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) units in the country.
Meanwhile when announcing this at the first-ever "Supplier Investment Summit" being held in the Capital, Manu Jain, Vice President, Xiaomi Global and Managing Director, Xiaomi India said that Xiaomi is one of the pioneers in the country to start local assembly of PCBA. Previously the government imposed a 10% tax on imports of key Smartphone components, including PCBs. Furthermore the three new Smartphone plants in partnership with Foxconn are located across campuses in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh and a new campus in Sriperumbudur, Tamilnadu.
Earlier the three day summit was attended by over
50 global Smartphone component suppliers, with the aim of helping them set up
local manufacturing units in the country. Further the company said
"If all the suppliers set base in India, this would potentially bring in
an added investment of over Rs 15,000 crore and create 50,000 job
opportunities. Moreover the summit was inaugurated by Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti
Aayog; Ramesh Abhishek, Secretary, DIPP and Deepak Bagla, CEO, Invest
How mishap happened during PMs Rally at WB Midnapore sources stated a police official said that makeshift tent collapsed during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rally in West Bengal's Midnapore district yesterday, injuring at least 20 people. Accordingly the tent, officials said, was erected next to the main entrance of the rally venue to shelter people from the rain. Meanwhile many enthusiastic BJP supporters were seen crowding inside the tent during the rally.
- Excitement continues for France after winning FIFA World Cup 2018
- Heavy rains lashed Kerala, reliable camps functioning
- Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi warned SVMCH College to a fee dispute
- Former Indian Cricket Captain Mohammed Azharuddin ready to fight 2019 Polls
- Controversy after ADMK MLA condoles Rowdy death!
- Trump and his discussion with Putin!
- Why so many IT Raids in Tamil Nadu?
- Gopu and Babu join BJP!
- Crores of rupees donated by NRIs for Tirumala
- Amidst huge tension Trump & Putin met for a Summit
- This country celebrated a day without cell phone
- CM Chandrababu has history of taking credit for central government schemes
- Pakistani Actress accuses her co-star on Sexual harassment case
- India's Growth is at Risk if Modi is not re-elected in 2019 Elections
- "We will bring Non-Confidence Motion against BJP..." says Mr. Chandrababu Naidu