According to sources the Chinese Smartphone maker Xiaomi had announced the opening of three more Smartphone plants in India along with the company's first Surface Mount Technology (SMT) plant in Chennai that will manufacture printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) units in the country.
Meanwhile when announcing this at the first-ever "Supplier Investment Summit" being held in the Capital, Manu Jain, Vice President, Xiaomi Global and Managing Director, Xiaomi India said that Xiaomi is one of the pioneers in the country to start local assembly of PCBA. Previously the government imposed a 10% tax on imports of key Smartphone components, including PCBs. Furthermore the three new Smartphone plants in partnership with Foxconn are located across campuses in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh and a new campus in Sriperumbudur, Tamilnadu.
Earlier the three day summit was attended by over
50 global Smartphone component suppliers, with the aim of helping them set up
local manufacturing units in the country. Further the company said
"If all the suppliers set base in India, this would potentially bring in
an added investment of over Rs 15,000 crore and create 50,000 job
opportunities. Moreover the summit was inaugurated by Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti
Aayog; Ramesh Abhishek, Secretary, DIPP and Deepak Bagla, CEO, Invest
Will Rahul Gandhi apologize PM in Rafael Deal issue? New Delhi sources stated that BJP Friday demanded an apology from the Congress and its president Rahul Gandhi for levying allegations against Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the Rafael fighter jet deal, in which the Supreme Court has given the government a clean chit. Meanwhile the apex court dismissed all petitions seeking a direction to the CBI to register an FIR for alleged irregularities in
- Top mentioned Telangana Candidates in Twitter
- Cyclonic Storm prevails over AP & North Tamilnadu
- Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding
- KCR took oath as CM of Telangana for Second Time