According to sources the Chinese Smartphone maker Xiaomi had announced the opening of three more Smartphone plants in India along with the company's first Surface Mount Technology (SMT) plant in Chennai that will manufacture printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) units in the country.
Meanwhile when announcing this at the first-ever "Supplier Investment Summit" being held in the Capital, Manu Jain, Vice President, Xiaomi Global and Managing Director, Xiaomi India said that Xiaomi is one of the pioneers in the country to start local assembly of PCBA. Previously the government imposed a 10% tax on imports of key Smartphone components, including PCBs. Furthermore the three new Smartphone plants in partnership with Foxconn are located across campuses in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh and a new campus in Sriperumbudur, Tamilnadu.
Earlier the three day summit was attended by over
50 global Smartphone component suppliers, with the aim of helping them set up
local manufacturing units in the country. Further the company said
"If all the suppliers set base in India, this would potentially bring in
an added investment of over Rs 15,000 crore and create 50,000 job
opportunities. Moreover the summit was inaugurated by Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti
Aayog; Ramesh Abhishek, Secretary, DIPP and Deepak Bagla, CEO, Invest
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018