According to sources from Thoothukudi at a protest in front of the district collector’s office, as a section led by Krishnamoorthy staged a road blockade in the Thoothukudi-Tirunelveli national highway, while the other group led by Prof Fathima Babu abstained from the road blockade and participated in a peace talk with the collector at his office.
Meanwhile notwithstanding their singular demand that the private copper smelter plant should be shut, Krishnamoorthy and Fathima Babu has difference since the beginning of the mass struggle.Earlier dDuring the March 24 protest, when around 20,000 people gathered against Sterlite, Fathima Babu was asked to speak last, despite she being one of the key persons in the anti-Sterlite protest for long since the company was launched in 1996.
Furthermore despite the protest from the section protesting
outside on the road, Fathima Babu agreed for a peace talk with the district
collector, N Venkatesh and superintendent of police, Mahendran. Moreover as
the result of the peace talk with Fathima Babu, the district collector came
down from his office to heed the grievances of the affected people.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party