The central board of Direct Taxes has instructed orders to recognize Transgender category as an independent gender, following the central government's assurance to the Supreme Court on resolving the problems faced by Transgender in linking their Aadhaar numbers to their Permanent Account Numbers. The PAN application form, post this instruction will now be coming with a separate Transgender category, with a tick box for transgender.
Under sections 139A and 295 of the Income Tax act, the new instructions have been set out, which will ease the application process to get the PAN, and help enable smooth tax transactions. This amendment proposed will be implemented in both PAN form for Indian citizens, 49 A and the Pan for non Indian citizens, 49 AA. This decision came, following a case filed by a Transgender that she was not able to link her Aadhaar and PAN, because of the lacking of 3rd gender in the forms.
With the central government making
it mandatory to link Aadhaar for tax filing, it becomes a much needed
thing to be addressed. As per section 139AA(2) of the IT Act, every
individual with PAN as on 1 July 2017, must communicate the Aadhaar to
the IT officials. The CBDT has extended the deadline to Link Aadhaar and PAN
to June 30.
Has Crime rate gone down in Hyderabad? As per report Director General of Police M Mahender Reddy said Hyderabad police's Community CCTV project 'Nenu Saitham' was a massive success in the city, with a 32% reduction in the overall crime rate in the last three years. Meanwhile with community involvement and active partnership in the project, the impact of CCTVs in Hyderabad city police jurisdiction
- Do you know what the last English word is!
- Abdul Kalam to be part of English textbook lessons!
- Passport in both Hindi and English!
- TN teacher's praiseworthy act!
- KTRs new facility offers free services to patients
- Hybrid much rarer than blue whales: Masson
- Nawaz Sharifs Lawyers files an appeal against Accountability Court
- IMD forecasts Heavy Rain in Telangana for next 48 hours
- Ambanis net worth stood at $44.3 billion as per Bloomberg Billionaires Index
- Govt run temples in TN to get certification from Food Safety %Standards Authority of India
- Is there any motive behind Pakistan blast?
- Rahul Gandhi hit back at BJP
- Famous Jagannath Rath Yatra taken off in flying colors
- Mehbooba Mufti's predecessor & National Conference leader Omar Abdullah mocked at Mufti's warning
- Amit Shah chalked out Poll strategy for Telangana