The central board of Direct Taxes has instructed orders to recognize Transgender category as an independent gender, following the central government's assurance to the Supreme Court on resolving the problems faced by Transgender in linking their Aadhaar numbers to their Permanent Account Numbers. The PAN application form, post this instruction will now be coming with a separate Transgender category, with a tick box for transgender.
Under sections 139A and 295 of the Income Tax act, the new instructions have been set out, which will ease the application process to get the PAN, and help enable smooth tax transactions. This amendment proposed will be implemented in both PAN form for Indian citizens, 49 A and the Pan for non Indian citizens, 49 AA. This decision came, following a case filed by a Transgender that she was not able to link her Aadhaar and PAN, because of the lacking of 3rd gender in the forms.
With the central government making
it mandatory to link Aadhaar for tax filing, it becomes a much needed
thing to be addressed. As per section 139AA(2) of the IT Act, every
individual with PAN as on 1 July 2017, must communicate the Aadhaar to
the IT officials. The CBDT has extended the deadline to Link Aadhaar and PAN
to June 30.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018