New Delhi sources reported that to protest against the washout of the second part of Parliament's budget session due to continuous disruptions, which the BJP blamed on the Congress, PM Narendra Modi will be observing a day long fast on April 12. Meanwhile BJP President Amit Shah will observe a hunger strike in Hubli in Karnataka, party MPs will fast in their constituencies.
BJP Spokesperson G.V.L. Narasimha Rao told "The Prime Minister will observe a fast even while engaged in his official duty and official engagements". Moreover Modi's decision, which may be the first time a Prime Minister, is observing a fast, will be part of the Bharatiya Janata Party's day-long hunger strike that day to protest against the disruption of Parliament by the opposition.
Presently the opposition Congress termed the fast by the Prime Minister as
a "farce" and said he should apologize over the way his party had
"denigrated and disrespected" parliament. Congress Communications in
charge Randeep Singh Surjewala told reporters that they have disrespected and
denigrated the highest temple of democracy. So Prime Minister should publicly
say that he is sorry that is why he is holding this fast on April 12 to tender
this apology to various sections of India's population.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018