New Delhi sources reported that to protest against the washout of the second part of Parliament's budget session due to continuous disruptions, which the BJP blamed on the Congress, PM Narendra Modi will be observing a day long fast on April 12. Meanwhile BJP President Amit Shah will observe a hunger strike in Hubli in Karnataka, party MPs will fast in their constituencies.
BJP Spokesperson G.V.L. Narasimha Rao told "The Prime Minister will observe a fast even while engaged in his official duty and official engagements". Moreover Modi's decision, which may be the first time a Prime Minister, is observing a fast, will be part of the Bharatiya Janata Party's day-long hunger strike that day to protest against the disruption of Parliament by the opposition.
Presently the opposition Congress termed the fast by the Prime Minister as
a "farce" and said he should apologize over the way his party had
"denigrated and disrespected" parliament. Congress Communications in
charge Randeep Singh Surjewala told reporters that they have disrespected and
denigrated the highest temple of democracy. So Prime Minister should publicly
say that he is sorry that is why he is holding this fast on April 12 to tender
this apology to various sections of India's population.
How mishap happened during PMs Rally at WB Midnapore sources stated a police official said that makeshift tent collapsed during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rally in West Bengal's Midnapore district yesterday, injuring at least 20 people. Accordingly the tent, officials said, was erected next to the main entrance of the rally venue to shelter people from the rain. Meanwhile many enthusiastic BJP supporters were seen crowding inside the tent during the rally.
- Excitement continues for France after winning FIFA World Cup 2018
- Heavy rains lashed Kerala, reliable camps functioning
- Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi warned SVMCH College to a fee dispute
- Former Indian Cricket Captain Mohammed Azharuddin ready to fight 2019 Polls
- Controversy after ADMK MLA condoles Rowdy death!
- Trump and his discussion with Putin!
- Why so many IT Raids in Tamil Nadu?
- Gopu and Babu join BJP!
- Crores of rupees donated by NRIs for Tirumala
- Amidst huge tension Trump & Putin met for a Summit
- This country celebrated a day without cell phone
- CM Chandrababu has history of taking credit for central government schemes
- Pakistani Actress accuses her co-star on Sexual harassment case
- India's Growth is at Risk if Modi is not re-elected in 2019 Elections
- "We will bring Non-Confidence Motion against BJP..." says Mr. Chandrababu Naidu