Algeria sources reported that at least 100 people were killed when a military plane crashed soon after takeoff in a farm field in northern Algeria yesterday. The officials said according to a Defense Ministry statement the cause of the crash was unclear, and an investigation has been opened, Emergency services converged on the area near the Boufarik military base after the crash.
Meanwhile Mohammed Achour, chief spokesman for the civil protection agency, told The Associated Press that "There are more than 100 deaths. We can't say exact how many at this point”. Further he said the plane was carrying soldiers. The Defense Ministry did not provide a death toll but expressed condolences to the victims' families.
According to sources the flight had just taken off from Boufarik, about 30
kilometers southwest of the capital Algiers, for a military base in Bechar in
southwest Algeria. Moreover it was scheduled to make a layover in Tindouf in
southern Algeria, home to many refugees from the neighboring Western Sahara, a
disputed territory annexed by Morocco. Furthermore Achour said the Soviet designed
Il-76 military transport plane crashed in an agricultural zone with no
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party