Algeria sources reported that at least 100 people were killed when a military plane crashed soon after takeoff in a farm field in northern Algeria yesterday. The officials said according to a Defense Ministry statement the cause of the crash was unclear, and an investigation has been opened, Emergency services converged on the area near the Boufarik military base after the crash.
Meanwhile Mohammed Achour, chief spokesman for the civil protection agency, told The Associated Press that "There are more than 100 deaths. We can't say exact how many at this point”. Further he said the plane was carrying soldiers. The Defense Ministry did not provide a death toll but expressed condolences to the victims' families.
According to sources the flight had just taken off from Boufarik, about 30
kilometers southwest of the capital Algiers, for a military base in Bechar in
southwest Algeria. Moreover it was scheduled to make a layover in Tindouf in
southern Algeria, home to many refugees from the neighboring Western Sahara, a
disputed territory annexed by Morocco. Furthermore Achour said the Soviet designed
Il-76 military transport plane crashed in an agricultural zone with no
SHOCKING! 70000 crores cash deficit is the reason behind cash crunch in ATMs!! With the cash crunch prevailing in ATMs all over India, SBI has announced its latest press release that there is a cash deficit of more than 70000 crores in the country. For the past few days, there has been huge deficit of money in ATMs in different parts of the country, and this has shocked the common public, who had to roam around to get money they needed, and faced extreme difficulties.
- Numerous MPs and MLAs, with crime records!
- IPL BANNED - Why Not Movies? Are Tamil People Dumb?
- Nirmala Devi and her Evil Sex Web - Luring more college girls and feeding to VIP's
- Why RGV gave Sri Reddy idea of abusing Pawan Kalyan for her cause?
- Incubation hub be operational from next month at Rajasthan
- US and India working hard to strengthen their energy partnership
- Hundreds of fans boarded Whistle Podu Express, a special train to Pune organized by CSK
- Amit Shah asked Rahul Gandhi to apologize to Hindus for labeling them 'terrorists'
- Amazon CEO revealed that Prime has exceeded 100 million members globally
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation all set to chop down trees in Jayanagar
- SC pronounced its verdict on mysterious death of special CBI judge BH Loya
- BJP Tripura CMs comments have become a nationwide trending topic
- Chandrababu has become biggest Dalari: Jagan
- Starbucks announced closure of all its company-owned stores on May 29
- Sri Reddy episode makes headlines for more reasons