New Delhi sources reported that according to updated annual audit reports filed with the Election Commission, the total receipts for 2016-17 of all seven national parties, including BJP, is calculated at Rs 1559.17 Crore. Meanwhile BJP alone has Rs 1034.27 Crore roughly two-thirds of the combined income of Rs 1,559 crore. Hence BJP alone has earned double of the other six national parties (Congress, BSP, Trinamool, CPM, CPI and NCP) put together in 2016-17.
Moreover the principal Opposition Congress has decreased by 14% to Rs 225.36 crore between 2015-16 and 2016-17, which is a sharp decline after being in rule for 10 years (2004-2014). Further after demonetization, people have suffered huge. Accordingly the common man's income has come down since the per capita income, a gauge for measuring living standard, has fallen to 8.3% at Rs 1,11,782 in FY 2017-18.
Previously BJP has also shown higher expenditure and currently all these are putting BJP in tight spot amidst Narendra Modi's tall claims of combating corruption. Mainly after demonetization, political parties have witnessed growth of their funds, a chunk of it got to the ruling BJP.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018