New Delhi sources reported that according to updated annual audit reports filed with the Election Commission, the total receipts for 2016-17 of all seven national parties, including BJP, is calculated at Rs 1559.17 Crore. Meanwhile BJP alone has Rs 1034.27 Crore roughly two-thirds of the combined income of Rs 1,559 crore. Hence BJP alone has earned double of the other six national parties (Congress, BSP, Trinamool, CPM, CPI and NCP) put together in 2016-17.
Moreover the principal Opposition Congress has decreased by 14% to Rs 225.36 crore between 2015-16 and 2016-17, which is a sharp decline after being in rule for 10 years (2004-2014). Further after demonetization, people have suffered huge. Accordingly the common man's income has come down since the per capita income, a gauge for measuring living standard, has fallen to 8.3% at Rs 1,11,782 in FY 2017-18.
Previously BJP has also shown higher expenditure and currently all these are putting BJP in tight spot amidst Narendra Modi's tall claims of combating corruption. Mainly after demonetization, political parties have witnessed growth of their funds, a chunk of it got to the ruling BJP.
How mishap happened during PMs Rally at WB Midnapore sources stated a police official said that makeshift tent collapsed during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rally in West Bengal's Midnapore district yesterday, injuring at least 20 people. Accordingly the tent, officials said, was erected next to the main entrance of the rally venue to shelter people from the rain. Meanwhile many enthusiastic BJP supporters were seen crowding inside the tent during the rally.
- Excitement continues for France after winning FIFA World Cup 2018
- Heavy rains lashed Kerala, reliable camps functioning
- Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi warned SVMCH College to a fee dispute
- Former Indian Cricket Captain Mohammed Azharuddin ready to fight 2019 Polls
- Controversy after ADMK MLA condoles Rowdy death!
- Trump and his discussion with Putin!
- Why so many IT Raids in Tamil Nadu?
- Gopu and Babu join BJP!
- Crores of rupees donated by NRIs for Tirumala
- Amidst huge tension Trump & Putin met for a Summit
- This country celebrated a day without cell phone
- CM Chandrababu has history of taking credit for central government schemes
- Pakistani Actress accuses her co-star on Sexual harassment case
- India's Growth is at Risk if Modi is not re-elected in 2019 Elections
- "We will bring Non-Confidence Motion against BJP..." says Mr. Chandrababu Naidu