Bengaluru sources stated that a 62 foot tall and 750-tonne giant Hanuman statue recently transported to Kacharakanahalli in Bengaluru’s HBR Layout on a 300 wheel truck has found itself in yet another controversy. Accordingly MK Jagadeesh, Assistant Commissioner of the Revenue Department, Bengaluru North has filed a complaint against 18 people stating that the Rama Chaithanya Vardhini Trust, which commissioned the project, has chosen to install the statue on disputed land.
Meanwhile the land marked for the statue is on the premises of Kodandaswami Temple. Moreover since 2015, the Muzrai Department has been locked in a dispute with the temple trust claiming that the land is a ‘government lake area’ as per revenue records. Furthermore the same year, the Karnataka High Court issued a stay order that the 'status quo' should be maintained on the disputed land.
As per report the statue was stalled at Hoskote in rural Bengaluru by
police over fears of poll code violation. Moreover Jagadeesh alleges that when
the statue was stopped in Hoskote over fears of poll code violation, the people
transporting it pledged in writing to Bengaluru Police Commissioner that the
statue would be erected in Survey number 135 and not Survey Number 153 which is
under contention as it comes under a lake bed area.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes