Chennai sources reported that PM Narendra Modi has arrived Chennai to inaugurate DefExpo and the security was beefed up and a large number of police personnel was deployed in and around the Chennai airport to keep the protesters at bay. Meanwhile a solid mass of protesters, with black flags and black balloons, lined Anna Salai the approach roach.
Sources stated that with protesters lined up en-route, the PM was forced to stay off roads and depend on a chopper instead to reach Thiruvidanthai, the venue of DefExpo, the prestigious exhibition that seeks to project India as one of the major defense manufacturing hubs and the police detained around 200 protesters.
as per report he PM took a chopper from the Chennai airport to Thiruvidanthai
on the outskirts of Chennai. Accordingly the aircraft is on stand-by to take
him to the IIT Madras campus, where the Prime Minister is expected to attend a
program at the adjoining Adyar Cancer Institute later in the day. Further the
opposition DMK and fringe groups had taken to the streets since Thursday
morning, expressing anger against what they call the Centre's failure to form a
Cauvery Management Board (CMB), where a number of actors and politicians led the
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes