Bengaluru sources reported that to handle the rush during the Indian Premier League, the Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) has extended the metro timings. Usually as per report the metro trains ply till 11 pm every night. Meanwhile, on the days IPL matches are played at the Chinnaswamy Stadium, the trains will ply till 12.30 am.
Moreover according to the BMRCL’s official release, the train services on both the Purple (Baiyappanahalli to Mysuru Road) and Green (Nagasandra to Yelachenahalli) lines will be extended. During the extended period, the trains will ply every 15 minutes. Reports stated that the metro services will be extended on April 13, 21, 25 and 29, and May 1 and 17. Meanwhile those who want to avail the metro services on these days will have to buy the return journey tickets earlier in the day.
Furthermore paper tickets will be issued at all metro stations on the days
of the match from 4 pm onwards. BMRCL Managing Director Mahendra Jain said the
commuters must show the paper ticket to the security guard at the entry and
also after getting off the train near the exit gate. He added “More than 3 lakh
people travel by metro on days IPL matches are held and that is why we have
decided to extend the timings".
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code