With the Karnataka assembly elections coming soon, the Bharatiya Janatha Party has planned to rope in former Indian cricketing legends Rahul Dravid and Anil Kumble as its star campaigners. The state assembly elections of Karnataka are scheduled to be held on May 12, and in such a scenario, the Congress party, which rules the state, headed by Sidharamaiah has begun its election campaigning.
To retain the rule, even the national leader of Congress, its President Rahul Gandhi had started campaigning. At the other end in a desperate attempt to regain the power in Karnataka, the Yedyurappa lead BJP party has also been taking strong measures to woo the voters. They have already started taking measures to lure the votes of youngsters, and are planning to rope in stars to campaign for them.
It has been revealed that the party
is planning to field cricketing legends Anil Kumble and Rahul Dravid as its
star candidates, and is holding discussions with senior members of the party.
However, the cricketers have always expressed their disinterest in politics.
While Rahul Dravid had scored 10889 runs in 344 ODIs, and 13288 runs in 164
Tests, and Kumble has taken 337 wickets in 271 ODIs, and 619 wickets in 132
tests, it seems the cricketers are in no mood to be bowled by BJP.
North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang Sources from Pyongyang reported that South Korean President MMoon Jae arrived in Pyongyang on Tuesday, where he was welcomed North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un in an elaborate ceremony, featuring a cheek to cheek hug. Accordingly the meeting between Moon and Kim came about four months after the two last met on May 26 inside the Demilitarized Zone that divides the two Koreas.
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!