With the Karnataka assembly elections coming soon, the Bharatiya Janatha Party has planned to rope in former Indian cricketing legends Rahul Dravid and Anil Kumble as its star campaigners. The state assembly elections of Karnataka are scheduled to be held on May 12, and in such a scenario, the Congress party, which rules the state, headed by Sidharamaiah has begun its election campaigning.
To retain the rule, even the national leader of Congress, its President Rahul Gandhi had started campaigning. At the other end in a desperate attempt to regain the power in Karnataka, the Yedyurappa lead BJP party has also been taking strong measures to woo the voters. They have already started taking measures to lure the votes of youngsters, and are planning to rope in stars to campaign for them.
It has been revealed that the party
is planning to field cricketing legends Anil Kumble and Rahul Dravid as its
star candidates, and is holding discussions with senior members of the party.
However, the cricketers have always expressed their disinterest in politics.
While Rahul Dravid had scored 10889 runs in 344 ODIs, and 13288 runs in 164
Tests, and Kumble has taken 337 wickets in 271 ODIs, and 619 wickets in 132
tests, it seems the cricketers are in no mood to be bowled by BJP.
Amit Shah asked Rahul Gandhi to apologize to Hindus for labeling them 'terrorists' According to sources BJP National President Amit Shah said "In pursuit of vote bank politics, the Congress popularized 'Hindu Terror' and tried to implicate some Hindu activists in the Meccas Masjid blast case in Hyderabad over a decade ago, though a NIA court acquitted them". Meanwhile the National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Hyderabad acquitted all the five Hindu activists, including Swamy Aseemanand who was accused of triggering a bomb blast in the mosque that killed nine worshipers
- Amazon CEO revealed that Prime has exceeded 100 million members globally
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation all set to chop down trees in Jayanagar
- SC pronounced its verdict on mysterious death of special CBI judge BH Loya
- BJP Tripura CMs comments have become a nationwide trending topic
- Chandrababu has become biggest Dalari: Jagan
- Starbucks announced closure of all its company-owned stores on May 29
- Sri Reddy episode makes headlines for more reasons
- Delhi Rape victim's family receives video!
- Jiofi with 100 GB data!!
- Power star threatened by actress!
- Modi shamed in the US again!
- To avoid traffic congestion, traffic diversion in Hyderabad from today
- TN Governor apologized for patting cheek of a female journalist without her consent
- Bike-sharing startup Vogo, receiving funding from Ola
- Why did Trump's CIA Director made a secret trip to North Korea?