With the Karnataka assembly elections coming soon, the Bharatiya Janatha Party has planned to rope in former Indian cricketing legends Rahul Dravid and Anil Kumble as its star campaigners. The state assembly elections of Karnataka are scheduled to be held on May 12, and in such a scenario, the Congress party, which rules the state, headed by Sidharamaiah has begun its election campaigning.
To retain the rule, even the national leader of Congress, its President Rahul Gandhi had started campaigning. At the other end in a desperate attempt to regain the power in Karnataka, the Yedyurappa lead BJP party has also been taking strong measures to woo the voters. They have already started taking measures to lure the votes of youngsters, and are planning to rope in stars to campaign for them.
It has been revealed that the party
is planning to field cricketing legends Anil Kumble and Rahul Dravid as its
star candidates, and is holding discussions with senior members of the party.
However, the cricketers have always expressed their disinterest in politics.
While Rahul Dravid had scored 10889 runs in 344 ODIs, and 13288 runs in 164
Tests, and Kumble has taken 337 wickets in 271 ODIs, and 619 wickets in 132
tests, it seems the cricketers are in no mood to be bowled by BJP.
How mishap happened during PMs Rally at WB Midnapore sources stated a police official said that makeshift tent collapsed during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rally in West Bengal's Midnapore district yesterday, injuring at least 20 people. Accordingly the tent, officials said, was erected next to the main entrance of the rally venue to shelter people from the rain. Meanwhile many enthusiastic BJP supporters were seen crowding inside the tent during the rally.
- Excitement continues for France after winning FIFA World Cup 2018
- Heavy rains lashed Kerala, reliable camps functioning
- Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi warned SVMCH College to a fee dispute
- Former Indian Cricket Captain Mohammed Azharuddin ready to fight 2019 Polls
- Controversy after ADMK MLA condoles Rowdy death!
- Trump and his discussion with Putin!
- Why so many IT Raids in Tamil Nadu?
- Gopu and Babu join BJP!
- Crores of rupees donated by NRIs for Tirumala
- Amidst huge tension Trump & Putin met for a Summit
- This country celebrated a day without cell phone
- CM Chandrababu has history of taking credit for central government schemes
- Pakistani Actress accuses her co-star on Sexual harassment case
- India's Growth is at Risk if Modi is not re-elected in 2019 Elections
- "We will bring Non-Confidence Motion against BJP..." says Mr. Chandrababu Naidu