While Bengaluru, the Karnataka capital has been in the forefront for its technological advancements, and on the education front, it's an appalling fact that the city has had only 1 woman MLA in the past 20 years. With the polls scheduled to be held on May 12, questions have arisen on whether Bengaluru will give it's women an opportunity at least this time, but as political observers point out, it's not gonna happen even this time.
Even senior party members of both the ruling Congress party and the BJP party have been of the opinion that women don't have the capacity to win seats in Bengaluru, and matching their opinion, not many women are planning or focusing on lobbying for Seats.
Former mayor Padmavati aims for a ticket from Rajaji Nagar, for Congress, while Sowmya Reddy, daughter of home minister Ramalinga Reddy targets a Jayanagar seat. Kavitha Reddy is fielded at Bommanahalli for Congress, while an IAS officer Renuka Viswanathan, of AAP, will contest at Shanti Nagar. BJP's Shobha Karandlaje was the only woman to be elected from Bengaluru in last 4 years. This is primarily attributed to the thought that politics is a male-dominated field, and because of regressive views of several political leaders of both the major parties.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes