While Bengaluru, the Karnataka capital has been in the forefront for its technological advancements, and on the education front, it's an appalling fact that the city has had only 1 woman MLA in the past 20 years. With the polls scheduled to be held on May 12, questions have arisen on whether Bengaluru will give it's women an opportunity at least this time, but as political observers point out, it's not gonna happen even this time.
Even senior party members of both the ruling Congress party and the BJP party have been of the opinion that women don't have the capacity to win seats in Bengaluru, and matching their opinion, not many women are planning or focusing on lobbying for Seats.
Former mayor Padmavati aims for a ticket from Rajaji Nagar, for Congress, while Sowmya Reddy, daughter of home minister Ramalinga Reddy targets a Jayanagar seat. Kavitha Reddy is fielded at Bommanahalli for Congress, while an IAS officer Renuka Viswanathan, of AAP, will contest at Shanti Nagar. BJP's Shobha Karandlaje was the only woman to be elected from Bengaluru in last 4 years. This is primarily attributed to the thought that politics is a male-dominated field, and because of regressive views of several political leaders of both the major parties.
Is Modi Government ready to face first No Trust Motion be held tomorrow? As per report from New Delhi from Monsoon Parliament session which began from yesterday, after evading the discussion and debate on the No-Confidence Motion in the last session of the Parliament, finally BJP led NDA is gearing up to face its first ever No-Trust Motion. Meanwhile the Speaker has notified that the discussion on the No-Confidence Motion moved by Telugu Desam Party will take place on Friday (July 20), Modi & Co is getting prepared for the crucial debate.
- Rahul looks like his mother who is a foreigner, he can never be PM: Jai Prakash Singh
- Kerala Govt prepares list of calamities incurred by each individual
- South Western Railway catapulted Captain Service in Bengaluru-New Delhi Karnataka Express train
- Congress & BJP "pandering" to majority community vote: Owaisi
- High Court plans a CBI inquiry on Deputy CM of TN?
- Trump's new checkmate!
- 17 abusers thrashed in Court!
- Operation parking ends after 36 hours!
- Indian Coast Guard Station at Tuticorin to get offshore patrolling vessels
- Trump's support of Putin set off an endless wave of condemnation in US
- Obama who scripted history shown fascination with Mahatma Gandhi
- PM Modi's next focus is developing Youth Empowerment Scheme
- WhatsApp to update itself to catch up with faster generation
- TDP Corruption allegations on PM Modi
- By 2020 Facebook plans to catapult Digital Training Hub