According to sources Raghuram Rajan, ex-Governor of Reserve Bank of India, "Demonetization was not a well-planned or well thought-out useful exercise adding that the government was cautioned about it when the idea was mooted". He thinks demonetization was not a well-planned, well thought-out useful exercise and he told the government that when the idea was first mooted".
Rajan said "At the time of demonetization, it was 87.5% of the currency value that any macro economist would say that when you are demonetizing 87.5% of the currency, better makes sure that you print 87.5% or pretty-much close to that. India went into it without having done that".
Moreover regarding the newly introduced indirect tax regime of Goods and
Services Tax (GST), Rajan said "GST implementation, we will figure it out
eventually. It would be nice if they can implement it much better than they do.
But it is not an unfixable problem, they can work on it and moreover they won't
give up hope on that at this point of time." Further he added the positive
impacts are out there in the future, we do not know whether they will be
important and to my mind, it was not a policy that was useful at that time.
New generation of SSDs built for Samsung community of gamers, videographers and VFX designers According to sources the global semiconductor leader Samsung Electronics on Wednesday introduced Samsung 970 PRO and EVO which is the third generation industry-leading consumer solid state drive (SSD) line-up in the Indian market. Meanwhile the new generation of SSDs is built for the community of gamer, videographers and VFX designers.
- Hyderabad temperature likely to soar to 42-43 degrees
- YSRCP YS Jagan speaks for welfare of private teachers
- Why Somu Verraju questioned about AP CMs behavior with Governor?
- Sidharamaiah's direct dig on Yedyurappa!
- Election commission rejects AIADMK request!
- Congress leader shot dead in Kashmir!
- Microsoft raids BJP member's office!
- ABN MD sent legal notices to Pawan in the lines of Srini Raju of TV9
- Indian Godman Asaram convicted of rape
- Trump to decide whether to pull US out of nuclear deal between Iran & six major world powers
- Recruitment for journalists & anchors for Pawan Kalyan's JTV made
- Upasana showing interest to join her uncle's Janasena
- Shocking news to NRI Community H1B Visa Holders
- Catherine, wife of Prince William, gave birth to a baby boy
- AP Kauravas connected in assault against Women