According to sources Raghuram Rajan, ex-Governor of Reserve Bank of India, "Demonetization was not a well-planned or well thought-out useful exercise adding that the government was cautioned about it when the idea was mooted". He thinks demonetization was not a well-planned, well thought-out useful exercise and he told the government that when the idea was first mooted".
Rajan said "At the time of demonetization, it was 87.5% of the currency value that any macro economist would say that when you are demonetizing 87.5% of the currency, better makes sure that you print 87.5% or pretty-much close to that. India went into it without having done that".
Moreover regarding the newly introduced indirect tax regime of Goods and
Services Tax (GST), Rajan said "GST implementation, we will figure it out
eventually. It would be nice if they can implement it much better than they do.
But it is not an unfixable problem, they can work on it and moreover they won't
give up hope on that at this point of time." Further he added the positive
impacts are out there in the future, we do not know whether they will be
important and to my mind, it was not a policy that was useful at that time.
What is Non-Confidence Motion? How does it Work? Tomorrow, the discussion and the decision on the no-confidence motion passed against the central government will be happening in the parliament. At this juncture, it is essential to know what exactly is a no-confidence Motion and how it works.
- OMG... Is Dhoni retiring from ODI's and T20's ??
- TDP MP to Skip No-Trust Vote Tomorrow as he feels Modi Govt will not fall
- UP Cricket Team Selection is based on Prostitutes, Sex, and Money - Rajiv Shukla in Trouble?
- War between Yadav & Azhar continues
- VHP & Bajrang Dal commenced Road blockade Today
- Why Tamil TV Serial Starlet Priyanka committed suicide?
- JC DIVAKAR REDDYS UNRULY DECISION MAY TAMPER TDPCHANCES
- Is Modi Government ready to face first No Trust Motion be held tomorrow?
- Rahul looks like his mother who is a foreigner, he can never be PM: Jai Prakash Singh
- Kerala Govt prepares list of calamities incurred by each individual
- South Western Railway catapulted Captain Service in Bengaluru-New Delhi Karnataka Express train
- Congress & BJP "pandering" to majority community vote: Owaisi
- High Court plans a CBI inquiry on Deputy CM of TN?
- Trump's new checkmate!
- 17 abusers thrashed in Court!