According to sources Raghuram Rajan, ex-Governor of Reserve Bank of India, "Demonetization was not a well-planned or well thought-out useful exercise adding that the government was cautioned about it when the idea was mooted". He thinks demonetization was not a well-planned, well thought-out useful exercise and he told the government that when the idea was first mooted".
Rajan said "At the time of demonetization, it was 87.5% of the currency value that any macro economist would say that when you are demonetizing 87.5% of the currency, better makes sure that you print 87.5% or pretty-much close to that. India went into it without having done that".
Moreover regarding the newly introduced indirect tax regime of Goods and
Services Tax (GST), Rajan said "GST implementation, we will figure it out
eventually. It would be nice if they can implement it much better than they do.
But it is not an unfixable problem, they can work on it and moreover they won't
give up hope on that at this point of time." Further he added the positive
impacts are out there in the future, we do not know whether they will be
important and to my mind, it was not a policy that was useful at that time.
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes