According to sources Raghuram Rajan, ex-Governor of Reserve Bank of India, "Demonetization was not a well-planned or well thought-out useful exercise adding that the government was cautioned about it when the idea was mooted". He thinks demonetization was not a well-planned, well thought-out useful exercise and he told the government that when the idea was first mooted".
Rajan said "At the time of demonetization, it was 87.5% of the currency value that any macro economist would say that when you are demonetizing 87.5% of the currency, better makes sure that you print 87.5% or pretty-much close to that. India went into it without having done that".
Moreover regarding the newly introduced indirect tax regime of Goods and
Services Tax (GST), Rajan said "GST implementation, we will figure it out
eventually. It would be nice if they can implement it much better than they do.
But it is not an unfixable problem, they can work on it and moreover they won't
give up hope on that at this point of time." Further he added the positive
impacts are out there in the future, we do not know whether they will be
important and to my mind, it was not a policy that was useful at that time.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar