As per report fire ignited due to Dalit protests, across the country, is not going to die down anytime soon and is haunting the Narendra Modi-led BJP. Meanwhile the Supreme Court's recent order on the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act is perceived as a dilution of the law of protection of SC, STs from upper castes, has got huge uproar from the SC, ST communities.
Accordingly the agitation has taken violent route and caused physical damage. Meanwhile if this is not enough, several Dalit lives have been lost in the agitation demanding the immediate attention of the Union Government given its sensitivity. Moreover even after eleven deaths were reported on April 2nd in the Bandh called off by Dalit groups across India, not a single arrest has been taken place since then.
Presently the situations in Kerala has taken many
by shock and further the Kerala Dalit activists rejected the support from
mainstream political parties for bandh or hartal held recently as they don't
want any political identity for their Dalit protest. Furthermore this is clear
indication that the outrage of Dalits is not backed by any political party or
opposition parties but a genuine and sincere protest from Dalit communities
over the dilution of the legislation that facilitates redressal for them when
their identities become the cause of crimes against them.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018