As per report fire ignited due to Dalit protests, across the country, is not going to die down anytime soon and is haunting the Narendra Modi-led BJP. Meanwhile the Supreme Court's recent order on the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act is perceived as a dilution of the law of protection of SC, STs from upper castes, has got huge uproar from the SC, ST communities.
Accordingly the agitation has taken violent route and caused physical damage. Meanwhile if this is not enough, several Dalit lives have been lost in the agitation demanding the immediate attention of the Union Government given its sensitivity. Moreover even after eleven deaths were reported on April 2nd in the Bandh called off by Dalit groups across India, not a single arrest has been taken place since then.
Presently the situations in Kerala has taken many
by shock and further the Kerala Dalit activists rejected the support from
mainstream political parties for bandh or hartal held recently as they don't
want any political identity for their Dalit protest. Furthermore this is clear
indication that the outrage of Dalits is not backed by any political party or
opposition parties but a genuine and sincere protest from Dalit communities
over the dilution of the legislation that facilitates redressal for them when
their identities become the cause of crimes against them.
Moscow welcomes North Koreas Kim Jong Un declaration on halting nuclear tests Moscow sources reported that the Russian foreign ministry said in a statement that "They welcome the declaration of the Working Party's Chairman Kim Jong Un on the halt of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea's nuclear and missile tests from April 21”. The statement said. "We consider the given decision an important step towards the future easing of tensions in the Korean peninsula”.
- Strict punishment for those raping girls below 12 years: President
- Mudragada asked Pawan to fight against ruling TDP
- Jain youngster becomes Saint leaving Riches!
- 4th class students abused by teacher!
- Prime minister and his 600 letters!
- Chaos in Air India flights!
- Two probes in Tamilnadu Sex for Cash Scandal Case
- Prakash Raj not willing to join politics
- Why YSR Congress party showers sudden love on Pawan Kalyan?
- 20 Indian Americans running for US Congressional elections this year
- US Chip maker Qualcomm cuts jobs at its facilities in California
- April 24, last date for filing nominations for Karnataka Polls
- Pawan Kalyan's critic Kathi Mahesh lashed out at Pawan's latest act
- Private Bus plunged into a Pit at NH 65 Highway
- Two Korea's opened a hotline between their leaders