As per report fire ignited due to Dalit protests, across the country, is not going to die down anytime soon and is haunting the Narendra Modi-led BJP. Meanwhile the Supreme Court's recent order on the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act is perceived as a dilution of the law of protection of SC, STs from upper castes, has got huge uproar from the SC, ST communities.
Accordingly the agitation has taken violent route and caused physical damage. Meanwhile if this is not enough, several Dalit lives have been lost in the agitation demanding the immediate attention of the Union Government given its sensitivity. Moreover even after eleven deaths were reported on April 2nd in the Bandh called off by Dalit groups across India, not a single arrest has been taken place since then.
Presently the situations in Kerala has taken many
by shock and further the Kerala Dalit activists rejected the support from
mainstream political parties for bandh or hartal held recently as they don't
want any political identity for their Dalit protest. Furthermore this is clear
indication that the outrage of Dalits is not backed by any political party or
opposition parties but a genuine and sincere protest from Dalit communities
over the dilution of the legislation that facilitates redressal for them when
their identities become the cause of crimes against them.
Has Crime rate gone down in Hyderabad? As per report Director General of Police M Mahender Reddy said Hyderabad police's Community CCTV project 'Nenu Saitham' was a massive success in the city, with a 32% reduction in the overall crime rate in the last three years. Meanwhile with community involvement and active partnership in the project, the impact of CCTVs in Hyderabad city police jurisdiction
- Do you know what the last English word is!
- Abdul Kalam to be part of English textbook lessons!
- Passport in both Hindi and English!
- TN teacher's praiseworthy act!
- KTRs new facility offers free services to patients
- Hybrid much rarer than blue whales: Masson
- Nawaz Sharifs Lawyers files an appeal against Accountability Court
- IMD forecasts Heavy Rain in Telangana for next 48 hours
- Ambanis net worth stood at $44.3 billion as per Bloomberg Billionaires Index
- Govt run temples in TN to get certification from Food Safety %Standards Authority of India
- Is there any motive behind Pakistan blast?
- Rahul Gandhi hit back at BJP
- Famous Jagannath Rath Yatra taken off in flying colors
- Mehbooba Mufti's predecessor & National Conference leader Omar Abdullah mocked at Mufti's warning
- Amit Shah chalked out Poll strategy for Telangana