As per report fire ignited due to Dalit protests, across the country, is not going to die down anytime soon and is haunting the Narendra Modi-led BJP. Meanwhile the Supreme Court's recent order on the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act is perceived as a dilution of the law of protection of SC, STs from upper castes, has got huge uproar from the SC, ST communities.
Accordingly the agitation has taken violent route and caused physical damage. Meanwhile if this is not enough, several Dalit lives have been lost in the agitation demanding the immediate attention of the Union Government given its sensitivity. Moreover even after eleven deaths were reported on April 2nd in the Bandh called off by Dalit groups across India, not a single arrest has been taken place since then.
Presently the situations in Kerala has taken many
by shock and further the Kerala Dalit activists rejected the support from
mainstream political parties for bandh or hartal held recently as they don't
want any political identity for their Dalit protest. Furthermore this is clear
indication that the outrage of Dalits is not backed by any political party or
opposition parties but a genuine and sincere protest from Dalit communities
over the dilution of the legislation that facilitates redressal for them when
their identities become the cause of crimes against them.
Rajinikanth targeted Centre on the Mekedatu issue Chennai sources stated that the State government should take appropriate legal action over the Mekedatu issue, to safeguard its rights, if the Centre’s claim that Tamilnadu will not be affected by the dam project is proved false. Accordingly actor Rajinikanth has said “The Centre has claimed that the Mekedatu project will not affect Tamilnadu and if it proves otherwise then legal action should be taken. This is the only option".
- Will Rahul Gandhi apologize PM in Rafael Deal issue?
- Top mentioned Telangana Candidates in Twitter
- Cyclonic Storm prevails over AP & North Tamilnadu
- Interpol issued RCN to Mehul Choksi
- Ambani spent 100 Crores for Isha Ambani's Wedding
- YSRCP Leaders made a complaint to EC preventing Fake Votes
- Employee comes in Ambulance to ask leave!
- Minister Vijayabhaskar expresses joy!
- Rahul gives an opportunity for BJP!
- BJP losing Urban seats Day by Day
- Malaysia Fantastic Deals Package launched for Indian Tourists
- KTR confident in winning Lok Sabha Polls by 2019
- Swiggy's Next Customer base is Students
- Will KCR replicate Rythu Bandhu Scheme across India?
- Celebrities across Globe attended Isha-Anand Royal Wedding