Washington sources reported that the United States has extended greetings to Sri Lankans living across the globe for Sinhala and Tamil New Year. The acting Secretary of State John J Sullivan said in an official statement that “On behalf of President Trump and the American people, he wishes a joyous New Year to all the Sri Lankan people including the celebration of the 70th anniversary of Sri Lanka's independence and US-Sri Lankan diplomatic relations and reconciliation to ensure an even brighter future for the Sri Lankan people”.
Meanwhile the day, called Aluth Aurudu, is an important national holiday for both the cultures of the Sinhalese and the Tamil population of Sri Lanka. Moreover President Donald Trump also extended his wishes to Bengalis living across the globe ahead of the Bengali New Year.
In another statement Sullivan said "On behalf of President Trump and
the American people, he wishes Bengalis everywhere a joyous New Year and
commemorates this important day along with all those from Bangladesh, India,
and around the world who come together today to mark the arrival of the New
Year”. Further the Bengali New Year, also called 'Poila Boishakh', is the
traditional New Year day of the Bengali community which will be celebrated on
Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed? Los Angeles sources stated that a US federal judge in California has ordered porn star Stormy Daniels to pay Donald Trump nearly $300,000 for filing a defamation suit against the president that was dismissed. Meanwhile US District Judge S. James Otero said Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, must pay Trump $293,000 to cover the president's attorney fees and costs plus $1,000 in sanctions for filing the lawsuit.
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas
- Will Revanth Reddy quit politics?
- IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery
- Chennai likely to receive Rainfall this Weekend
- Huge damage for BJP in Assembly Elections!
- London court orders against Mallya!