Washington sources reported that the United States has extended greetings to Sri Lankans living across the globe for Sinhala and Tamil New Year. The acting Secretary of State John J Sullivan said in an official statement that “On behalf of President Trump and the American people, he wishes a joyous New Year to all the Sri Lankan people including the celebration of the 70th anniversary of Sri Lanka's independence and US-Sri Lankan diplomatic relations and reconciliation to ensure an even brighter future for the Sri Lankan people”.
Meanwhile the day, called Aluth Aurudu, is an important national holiday for both the cultures of the Sinhalese and the Tamil population of Sri Lanka. Moreover President Donald Trump also extended his wishes to Bengalis living across the globe ahead of the Bengali New Year.
In another statement Sullivan said "On behalf of President Trump and
the American people, he wishes Bengalis everywhere a joyous New Year and
commemorates this important day along with all those from Bangladesh, India,
and around the world who come together today to mark the arrival of the New
Year”. Further the Bengali New Year, also called 'Poila Boishakh', is the
traditional New Year day of the Bengali community which will be celebrated on
Is Modi Government ready to face first No Trust Motion be held tomorrow? As per report from New Delhi from Monsoon Parliament session which began from yesterday, after evading the discussion and debate on the No-Confidence Motion in the last session of the Parliament, finally BJP led NDA is gearing up to face its first ever No-Trust Motion. Meanwhile the Speaker has notified that the discussion on the No-Confidence Motion moved by Telugu Desam Party will take place on Friday (July 20), Modi & Co is getting prepared for the crucial debate.
- Rahul looks like his mother who is a foreigner, he can never be PM: Jai Prakash Singh
- Kerala Govt prepares list of calamities incurred by each individual
- South Western Railway catapulted Captain Service in Bengaluru-New Delhi Karnataka Express train
- Congress & BJP "pandering" to majority community vote: Owaisi
- High Court plans a CBI inquiry on Deputy CM of TN?
- Trump's new checkmate!
- 17 abusers thrashed in Court!
- Operation parking ends after 36 hours!
- Indian Coast Guard Station at Tuticorin to get offshore patrolling vessels
- Trump's support of Putin set off an endless wave of condemnation in US
- Obama who scripted history shown fascination with Mahatma Gandhi
- PM Modi's next focus is developing Youth Empowerment Scheme
- WhatsApp to update itself to catch up with faster generation
- TDP Corruption allegations on PM Modi
- By 2020 Facebook plans to catapult Digital Training Hub