Washington sources reported that the United States has extended greetings to Sri Lankans living across the globe for Sinhala and Tamil New Year. The acting Secretary of State John J Sullivan said in an official statement that “On behalf of President Trump and the American people, he wishes a joyous New Year to all the Sri Lankan people including the celebration of the 70th anniversary of Sri Lanka's independence and US-Sri Lankan diplomatic relations and reconciliation to ensure an even brighter future for the Sri Lankan people”.
Meanwhile the day, called Aluth Aurudu, is an important national holiday for both the cultures of the Sinhalese and the Tamil population of Sri Lanka. Moreover President Donald Trump also extended his wishes to Bengalis living across the globe ahead of the Bengali New Year.
In another statement Sullivan said "On behalf of President Trump and
the American people, he wishes Bengalis everywhere a joyous New Year and
commemorates this important day along with all those from Bangladesh, India,
and around the world who come together today to mark the arrival of the New
Year”. Further the Bengali New Year, also called 'Poila Boishakh', is the
traditional New Year day of the Bengali community which will be celebrated on
North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang Sources from Pyongyang reported that South Korean President MMoon Jae arrived in Pyongyang on Tuesday, where he was welcomed North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un in an elaborate ceremony, featuring a cheek to cheek hug. Accordingly the meeting between Moon and Kim came about four months after the two last met on May 26 inside the Demilitarized Zone that divides the two Koreas.
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!