According to report two Indian athletes Rakesh Babu and KT Irfan (both from Kerala) have been sent home from the ongoing Commonwealth Games (CWG) in Gold Coast, Australia for breaching the 'no-needles' policy of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF). As per report the CGF acted on a complaint made by its medical commission on Thursday against members of the Indian squad competing at the Commonwealth Games.
As per CGF, a needle has been found in the living quarters of the two athletes in the games village. Meanwhile the needle was found by a cleaner in a cup on the bedside table in a bedroom occupied by Irfan and Babu. Further CGF said in a statement that "Rakesh Babu and Irfan Kolothum Thodi are in breach of the No Needle Policy in that they failed to ensure compliance with the No Needle Policy and, in particular, failed to ensure compliance with paragraphs I, II, III and IV of the No Needle Policy".
The statement added that "Rakesh Babu and Irfan Kolothum Thodi are
with immediate effect not permitted to participate in the Games". Moreover
the accreditation of Rakesh Babu and Irfan Kolothum Thodi was suspended with
effect from 09:00 hours on April 13, 2018. Both athletes were removed from the
Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN! The new cyclone that has been formed in the south east Bay of Bengal and the Indian ocean areas around it, has been named as Phethai, and it has been said that this cyclone won't be of much trouble for Tamilnadu and will have minimal rainfalls. Within the next 24 hours, in the southeast Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean areas, there will be a low pressure trough formation, and this will become
- Stalin wishes Sonia Gandhi!
- Thirumavalavan confirms no PMK with DMK!
- Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes