Maneesh Jaikrishna, Vice President Indian Subcontinent, Eastern and Southern Africa for SITA told "Their research shows that 70% of passengers in India said they would definitely use biometrics if given the option, removing the need to show a passport or boarding card at key points at airports". He added leveraging India's national Aadhaar biometric identity system, together with SITA's Smart Path technology, would be able to provide secure and efficient journey through the airports.
Recently Jaikrishna had announced at the Air Transport IT Summit in Jaipur that paperless travel would be a reality in India soon. Meanwhile when asked about paperless travel in view of Aadhaar's credibility being questioned on security issues, he said many more passengers were quickly adapting to innovations and technologies when it came to air travel.
Further in the last few years airports in tier
II and III cities had witnessed a robust growth rate. He said "We have
included the provision of modern and standardized infrastructure throughout the
country. Moreover with the development of the UDAN scheme, we are seeing Tier
II and III cities becoming a key area of development in terms of airports and
What is Non-Confidence Motion? How does it Work? Tomorrow, the discussion and the decision on the no-confidence motion passed against the central government will be happening in the parliament. At this juncture, it is essential to know what exactly is a no-confidence Motion and how it works.
- OMG... Is Dhoni retiring from ODI's and T20's ??
- TDP MP to Skip No-Trust Vote Tomorrow as he feels Modi Govt will not fall
- UP Cricket Team Selection is based on Prostitutes, Sex, and Money - Rajiv Shukla in Trouble?
- War between Yadav & Azhar continues
- VHP & Bajrang Dal commenced Road blockade Today
- Why Tamil TV Serial Starlet Priyanka committed suicide?
- JC DIVAKAR REDDYS UNRULY DECISION MAY TAMPER TDPCHANCES
- Is Modi Government ready to face first No Trust Motion be held tomorrow?
- Rahul looks like his mother who is a foreigner, he can never be PM: Jai Prakash Singh
- Kerala Govt prepares list of calamities incurred by each individual
- South Western Railway catapulted Captain Service in Bengaluru-New Delhi Karnataka Express train
- Congress & BJP "pandering" to majority community vote: Owaisi
- High Court plans a CBI inquiry on Deputy CM of TN?
- Trump's new checkmate!
- 17 abusers thrashed in Court!