Washington sources have made a statement that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has cautioned that India should take necessary steps while implementing universal identification programs like Aadhaar to ensure privacy and security controls.
Meanwhile when identifying India as a leader in the bio metric identification system, the IMF in its fiscal monitor report on digital governance released here said digitalization can facilitate stronger governance, fiscal transparency and better scrutiny of the budget process. Report stated that "With more than 1.2 billion registered citizens in India's bio metric identification system, Aadhaar, the country stands out as a leader in this area".
Accordingly in India, privacy and security concerns led to alternating
periods of mandatory and non-mandatory use of Aadhaar in social programs.
Moreover a court decision is still pending on its compliance with the right to
privacy. Furthermore it stated as in a recent data breach in India, it has been
reported that 135 million Aadhaar numbers were compromised, underscoring the
importance of sound privacy measures.
Why Chandrababu Naidu failed in Telangana? Reportedly congratulating KCR garu for winning the Assembly elections in Telangana,” said Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu in a tweet on Tuesday afternoon as it became clear that his nemesis K Chandrasekhar Rao was not just set for a comeback, but a sweeping victory in the Telangana polls.
- Will Stormy Daniels pay Trump &3,00,000 as defamation suit dismissed?
- KCR the KING of Telangana, to Sworn in as CM
- Rahul Gandhi principal challenger to PM Narendra Modi for LS polls in 2019
- Has BJP lost its influence? Rajinikanth
- RGVs comment after Telangana Election Results
- 6 Women Candidates elected in Telangana Assembly 2018
- Puppy Sales at Pet Shops banned in Germany during Christmas
- Will Revanth Reddy quit politics?
- IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery
- Chennai likely to receive Rainfall this Weekend
- Huge damage for BJP in Assembly Elections!