According to sources controversial politician and congress MP Shashi Tharoor is likely to be charged in wife Sunanda Pushkar's death, who was found dead in a hotel room in Delhi under mysterious circumstances. As per latest report Tharoor will be charged under section 306 of IPC Abutment of suicide and section 201 destruction of evidence by the Delhi police.
However yet there is no official confirmation on his arrest. Meanwhile it is also learnt that if the congress MP is found guilty in his wife's death, the leader will be jailed for at least 10 years. Earlier a petition was filed by BJP MP Subramanian Swamy in Delhi High court, asking the Delhi police to conduct an inquiry into Sunanda case. Moreover an advocate Ishkaran Singh Bhandari, who is close to Swamy has tweeted thus, "Delhi Police to charge Shashi Tharoor with abatement to suicide and destruction of evidence in Sunanda Pushkar Murder.
Moreover Bhandari has sought permission from the court to set up a Special
Investigation Team (SIT) to probe into the matter. It was headed by the Central
Bureau of Investigation (CBI), the SIT consists of Intelligence Bureau,
Enforcement Directorate, RAW and Delhi Police. Furthermore in Sunanda's death
case, it took one year for the police to file an FIR. The FIR was filed against
unknown persons under the charges of murder.
Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings The Election Commission is verifying a complaint by the opposition YSR Congress against Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on alleged violation of the model code of conduct. The Opposition Party has stated in its complaint objected and questioned how can a caretaker CM hold review meetings as Naidu is doing.
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin
- Twitter account, RG-Wayanad caters to needs of Kerala media