According to sources the fund was announced by Theresa May ahead of the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting in London next week. Meanwhile the Prime Minister is due to ask all the 52 leaders at the meeting to sign up to the Commonwealth Clean Oceans Alliance set up to help developing Commonwealth countries research and improve waste management. Moreover so far four Commonwealth countries, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Vanuatu and Ghana, have joined the UK in the alliance.
Media reports that the Government said £25m of the fund is available to help researchers investigate the issue of marine plastic from a scientific, economic and social perspective. Further another £20m has been earmarked to curb plastic and other environmental pollution generated by manufacturing in developing countries and prevent it seeping into oceans.
Furthermore that leaves £16.4m which will be spent
on improving waste management at a national and city level to stop plastics
entering the water. Presently the Government pledged to match public donations
to tackle plastic waste through the UK Aid Match up to a total of £5m.
Meanwhile Britain, which is co-chairing the event with Vanuatu, will ask
Commonwealth nations to follow the UK's lead in banning micro beads and
slashing the number of single use plastic bags.
IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies Sources from Chennai stated that Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, has recorded the highest number of offers it has received in the first phase of placement season which concluded Saturday. Accordingly as many as 888 offers were made by 195 companies, including the 136 pre-placement offers, taking the total number of offers to a record 1,024. An IIT-M release said the previous record for the highest placement offers was 1,019 in 2014-15.
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery
- Chennai likely to receive Rainfall this Weekend
- Huge damage for BJP in Assembly Elections!
- London court orders against Mallya!
- Rahul Gandhi blames Modi!
- RBI governor resigns after clash with Govt!
- Telangana TV channels depicted several Creative Cartoons during Election results
- Will US Presidential Elections result in Donald Trump's impeachment?
- Why Revanth Reddy lost in Telangana?
- And the WINNER in Telangana is TRS Party!!!
- Attraction of Stable job in a big MNC is very high
- Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN!