According to sources Andhra Pradesh Pratyeka Hoda Saadhana Samiti is observing a one day statewide bandh today over the demand of Special Status for the state. Meanwhile the opposition parties such as the Yuvajana Shramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP), Jana Sena, Congress and the Left parties have also extended their support to the shutdown. Furthermore AP Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will observe a day long hunger strike here on his birthday, April 20, in protest against the Centre's non-cooperation towards the state.
Presently the Left parties are protesting on National Highway 16 which connects Kolkata and Chennai. In the meantime, Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation buses will operate only till Andhra Pradesh state border due to the statewide bandh. Previously, the Telugu Desam Party (TDP), which has been agitating for the Special Category Status and implementation of the provisions of the AP Reorganization Act, has opposed it and not taking part in the protest.
Meanwhile when reacting to the shutdown call, Chief Minister N Chandrababu
Naidu said bandhs were not welcome as they hamper development. Moreover YSRC
political affairs committee member Ambati Rambabu said "When Naidu was the
Opposition leader, he had called for bandhs on many occasions, but as a Chief
Minister he is now opposing them (bandhs), saying they hinder
Amit Shah asked Rahul Gandhi to apologize to Hindus for labeling them 'terrorists' According to sources BJP National President Amit Shah said "In pursuit of vote bank politics, the Congress popularized 'Hindu Terror' and tried to implicate some Hindu activists in the Meccas Masjid blast case in Hyderabad over a decade ago, though a NIA court acquitted them". Meanwhile the National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Hyderabad acquitted all the five Hindu activists, including Swamy Aseemanand who was accused of triggering a bomb blast in the mosque that killed nine worshipers
- Amazon CEO revealed that Prime has exceeded 100 million members globally
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation all set to chop down trees in Jayanagar
- SC pronounced its verdict on mysterious death of special CBI judge BH Loya
- BJP Tripura CMs comments have become a nationwide trending topic
- Chandrababu has become biggest Dalari: Jagan
- Starbucks announced closure of all its company-owned stores on May 29
- Sri Reddy episode makes headlines for more reasons
- Delhi Rape victim's family receives video!
- Jiofi with 100 GB data!!
- Power star threatened by actress!
- Modi shamed in the US again!
- To avoid traffic congestion, traffic diversion in Hyderabad from today
- TN Governor apologized for patting cheek of a female journalist without her consent
- Bike-sharing startup Vogo, receiving funding from Ola
- Why did Trump's CIA Director made a secret trip to North Korea?