According to sources Andhra Pradesh Pratyeka Hoda Saadhana Samiti is observing a one day statewide bandh today over the demand of Special Status for the state. Meanwhile the opposition parties such as the Yuvajana Shramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP), Jana Sena, Congress and the Left parties have also extended their support to the shutdown. Furthermore AP Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu will observe a day long hunger strike here on his birthday, April 20, in protest against the Centre's non-cooperation towards the state.
Presently the Left parties are protesting on National Highway 16 which connects Kolkata and Chennai. In the meantime, Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation buses will operate only till Andhra Pradesh state border due to the statewide bandh. Previously, the Telugu Desam Party (TDP), which has been agitating for the Special Category Status and implementation of the provisions of the AP Reorganization Act, has opposed it and not taking part in the protest.
Meanwhile when reacting to the shutdown call, Chief Minister N Chandrababu
Naidu said bandhs were not welcome as they hamper development. Moreover YSRC
political affairs committee member Ambati Rambabu said "When Naidu was the
Opposition leader, he had called for bandhs on many occasions, but as a Chief
Minister he is now opposing them (bandhs), saying they hinder
MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges Chennai sources stated that Opposition DMK staged state wide protests against the "corrupt" AIADMK government in Tamilnadu, with party chief MK Stalin leading the charge in Salem. Meanwhile besides Stalin, his son Udhayanidhi, sister Kanimozhi and senior DMK leaders including Durai Murugan and Dayanidhi Maran participated in demonstrations held across the state.
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG