Vatican City sources reported that Pope Francis told the faithful in St. Peter's Square that he is "deeply disturbed" by the international community's failure to come up with a common response to the crisis in Syria and other parts of the world. Pope told a crowd of 30,000 after his traditional blessing that "Despite the tools available to the international community, it is difficult to agree on a common action toward peace in Syria or other regions of the world".
Meanwhile Francis called on "all people of goodwill" to join him in praying for peace, and appealed to political leaders to help "justice prevail." The pope spoke after airstrikes by the United States, France and Britain aimed at taking out Syria's chemical weapons capacity, while followed a suspected poison gas attack by Syrian government forces on a rebel held Damascus suburb that killed dozens, including children.
Further Francis last Sunday said "nothing can justify" the use
of chemical weapons and called for negotiations. The Pope added "There is
not a good or a bad war, and nothing can justify such instruments that
exterminate defenseless people and populations and let us pray that the
responsible politicians and military leaders choose another path: that of
negotiations, the only one that can bring peace.
Is Modi Government ready to face first No Trust Motion be held tomorrow? As per report from New Delhi from Monsoon Parliament session which began from yesterday, after evading the discussion and debate on the No-Confidence Motion in the last session of the Parliament, finally BJP led NDA is gearing up to face its first ever No-Trust Motion. Meanwhile the Speaker has notified that the discussion on the No-Confidence Motion moved by Telugu Desam Party will take place on Friday (July 20), Modi & Co is getting prepared for the crucial debate.
- Rahul looks like his mother who is a foreigner, he can never be PM: Jai Prakash Singh
- Kerala Govt prepares list of calamities incurred by each individual
- South Western Railway catapulted Captain Service in Bengaluru-New Delhi Karnataka Express train
- Congress & BJP "pandering" to majority community vote: Owaisi
- High Court plans a CBI inquiry on Deputy CM of TN?
- Trump's new checkmate!
- 17 abusers thrashed in Court!
- Operation parking ends after 36 hours!
- Indian Coast Guard Station at Tuticorin to get offshore patrolling vessels
- Trump's support of Putin set off an endless wave of condemnation in US
- Obama who scripted history shown fascination with Mahatma Gandhi
- PM Modi's next focus is developing Youth Empowerment Scheme
- WhatsApp to update itself to catch up with faster generation
- TDP Corruption allegations on PM Modi
- By 2020 Facebook plans to catapult Digital Training Hub