Vatican City sources reported that Pope Francis told the faithful in St. Peter's Square that he is "deeply disturbed" by the international community's failure to come up with a common response to the crisis in Syria and other parts of the world. Pope told a crowd of 30,000 after his traditional blessing that "Despite the tools available to the international community, it is difficult to agree on a common action toward peace in Syria or other regions of the world".
Meanwhile Francis called on "all people of goodwill" to join him in praying for peace, and appealed to political leaders to help "justice prevail." The pope spoke after airstrikes by the United States, France and Britain aimed at taking out Syria's chemical weapons capacity, while followed a suspected poison gas attack by Syrian government forces on a rebel held Damascus suburb that killed dozens, including children.
Further Francis last Sunday said "nothing can justify" the use
of chemical weapons and called for negotiations. The Pope added "There is
not a good or a bad war, and nothing can justify such instruments that
exterminate defenseless people and populations and let us pray that the
responsible politicians and military leaders choose another path: that of
negotiations, the only one that can bring peace.
Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project? Chennai sources reported that the Madras high court has directed the state government not to precipitate any problem, pursuant to the proposed acquisition of land for the multi crore Chennai-Salem green corridor project. Accordingly Sivagnanasambandan, counsel appearing for the petitioner, submitted that four persons have been arrested in Cheyyar and the same has been reported in newspapers.
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur