The BJP national secretary Muralidhara Rao had today said in a press meet in Bengaluru that, the BJP party will not do anything that affects the Karnataka state, with regards to the Cauvery river issue. The Karnataka assembly elections are scheduled to be held on May 12. Throughout India, BJP has been ruling states either on sole majority or riding on the back of alliances with other regional powerful parties.
This time, the BJP has been taking all measures to win the elections in Karnataka, and on the other end Congress has been taking all the necessary steps to retain power this time as well. Congress president Rahul Gandhi and BJP national leader Amit Shah have been actively campaigning for the upcoming Karnataka elections in a very serious way, and now, the Cauvery water sharing has turned out to be a biggest issue between Tamilnadu and Karnataka.
There are widespread accusations
that keeping an eye on the Karnataka elections only the centre is not forming
the Cauvery management board, and in TN, there are widespread protests for the
formation of the board. While TN BJP leaders have been insisting that Cauvery
water will be released, today, BJP National secretary Muralidhar Rao, who had
been to Bengaluru, said to the media that BJP will never do anything against
Karnataka in Cauvery issue, and the same will be mentioned in the election
manifesto as well, and this speech from him, has irked the Tamilnadu people.
Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment New Delhi sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday wished Congress leader Ajay Maken a speedy recovery. Mr. Maken, who is abroad for treatment, replied that he is suffering from an "irreversible and progressive orthopedic ailment, which is extremely painful, but not life threatening". PM Modi wrote on twitter "Dear Ajaymaken Ji, I pray for your good health and well being".
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart