Andhra Pradesh has been witnessing a statewide Bandh, demanding special category status from the central government. With the same demand of Special category status for Andhra Pradesh, which was promised during the bifurcation of the states, the Andhra Pradesh MPs had protested before the Parliament. Following these protests, even in the Indian budget for the financial year, Andhra Pradesh did not receive any new feature.
After these unexpected and bitter developments the ruling Telugu Desam Party severed ties with the Central government lead by BJP. Now, the state has been observing a bandh, demanding the special category status to be provided for Andhra Pradesh.
An invite to the protest was given
by Andhra Pradesh Prathyega Hooda Sadhana Samithi, and due to the protests and
the Bandh, more than 12000 buses weren't plying, thus impacting the normal
lives of common public. Buses between Tamilnadu and Andhra Pradesh have
been stopped at the border itself. Only buses from Tirupathi to Tirumala have
been plying as usual on a regular basis. Central Government is still keeping a
muted response with respect to the special status.
MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges Chennai sources stated that Opposition DMK staged state wide protests against the "corrupt" AIADMK government in Tamilnadu, with party chief MK Stalin leading the charge in Salem. Meanwhile besides Stalin, his son Udhayanidhi, sister Kanimozhi and senior DMK leaders including Durai Murugan and Dayanidhi Maran participated in demonstrations held across the state.
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG