Andhra Pradesh has been witnessing a statewide Bandh, demanding special category status from the central government. With the same demand of Special category status for Andhra Pradesh, which was promised during the bifurcation of the states, the Andhra Pradesh MPs had protested before the Parliament. Following these protests, even in the Indian budget for the financial year, Andhra Pradesh did not receive any new feature.
After these unexpected and bitter developments the ruling Telugu Desam Party severed ties with the Central government lead by BJP. Now, the state has been observing a bandh, demanding the special category status to be provided for Andhra Pradesh.
An invite to the protest was given
by Andhra Pradesh Prathyega Hooda Sadhana Samithi, and due to the protests and
the Bandh, more than 12000 buses weren't plying, thus impacting the normal
lives of common public. Buses between Tamilnadu and Andhra Pradesh have
been stopped at the border itself. Only buses from Tirupathi to Tirumala have
been plying as usual on a regular basis. Central Government is still keeping a
muted response with respect to the special status.
Sri Lanka temporarily shuts down Facebook after hate speech resulting in mob violence San Francisco sources reported that accused of helping to spur violence in countries like Myanmar, Sri Lanka and India, Facebook has said it will begin removing misinformation that leads to violence and physical harm. Presently as per report Facebook bans content that directly calls for violence but the new policy will cover fake news that has the potential to stir up physical harm.
- What is Non-Confidence Motion? How does it Work?
- OMG... Is Dhoni retiring from ODI's and T20's ??
- TDP MP to Skip No-Trust Vote Tomorrow as he feels Modi Govt will not fall
- UP Cricket Team Selection is based on Prostitutes, Sex, and Money - Rajiv Shukla in Trouble?
- War between Yadav & Azhar continues
- VHP & Bajrang Dal commenced Road blockade Today
- Why Tamil TV Serial Starlet Priyanka committed suicide?
- JC DIVAKAR REDDYS UNRULY DECISION MAY TAMPER TDPCHANCES
- Is Modi Government ready to face first No Trust Motion be held tomorrow?
- Rahul looks like his mother who is a foreigner, he can never be PM: Jai Prakash Singh
- Kerala Govt prepares list of calamities incurred by each individual
- South Western Railway catapulted Captain Service in Bengaluru-New Delhi Karnataka Express train
- Congress & BJP "pandering" to majority community vote: Owaisi
- High Court plans a CBI inquiry on Deputy CM of TN?
- Trump's new checkmate!