Andhra Pradesh has been witnessing a statewide Bandh, demanding special category status from the central government. With the same demand of Special category status for Andhra Pradesh, which was promised during the bifurcation of the states, the Andhra Pradesh MPs had protested before the Parliament. Following these protests, even in the Indian budget for the financial year, Andhra Pradesh did not receive any new feature.
After these unexpected and bitter developments the ruling Telugu Desam Party severed ties with the Central government lead by BJP. Now, the state has been observing a bandh, demanding the special category status to be provided for Andhra Pradesh.
An invite to the protest was given
by Andhra Pradesh Prathyega Hooda Sadhana Samithi, and due to the protests and
the Bandh, more than 12000 buses weren't plying, thus impacting the normal
lives of common public. Buses between Tamilnadu and Andhra Pradesh have
been stopped at the border itself. Only buses from Tirupathi to Tirumala have
been plying as usual on a regular basis. Central Government is still keeping a
muted response with respect to the special status.
IIT-M makes 888 Job offers by 195 companies Sources from Chennai stated that Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, has recorded the highest number of offers it has received in the first phase of placement season which concluded Saturday. Accordingly as many as 888 offers were made by 195 companies, including the 136 pre-placement offers, taking the total number of offers to a record 1,024. An IIT-M release said the previous record for the highest placement offers was 1,019 in 2014-15.
- KCRs added advantage in becoming CM again
- Matter of extradition of Vijay Mallya to India referred to Secretary of State of UK
- Uttam Kumar Reddy alleged discrepancies in counting of votes for Telangana
- Zomato Delivery Man caught in Video eating Food for Delivery
- Chennai likely to receive Rainfall this Weekend
- Huge damage for BJP in Assembly Elections!
- London court orders against Mallya!
- Rahul Gandhi blames Modi!
- RBI governor resigns after clash with Govt!
- Telangana TV channels depicted several Creative Cartoons during Election results
- Will US Presidential Elections result in Donald Trump's impeachment?
- Why Revanth Reddy lost in Telangana?
- And the WINNER in Telangana is TRS Party!!!
- Attraction of Stable job in a big MNC is very high
- Phethai cyclone won't be a threat to TN!