According to sources Cambridge Analytica-Facebook data mining and data security issue has stirred the entire world in many ways and the reactions from different corners are flying thick and fast. Meanwhile social media platforms are coming under intense scrutiny and many questions are being asked. One of them relates to the data being collected by WhatsApp through its newly introduced UPI based payments gateway.
Recently WhatsApp has launched its digital payment facility, using the Unified Payments Interface UPI, for its Indian customers, but only to a limited number of subscribers. Meanwhile it may now make it available to everyone probably soon. Accordingly the National Payments Commission of India (NPCI), which oversees the operation of UPI, has clearly laid down that sharing of customer data by banks which make the payments through such third-party apps cannot be done without obtaining its written consent.
the government, on its part, says a 10 member committee headed by Supreme Court
justice B.N. Srikrishna has been constituted to go into the data privacy issue
and to come up with the draft regulations or legislation.
Who is the Baahubali of Telangana? According to sources, Telangana caretaker Deputy Chief Minister Kadiyam Srihari called caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao (KCR) as the 'Baahubali of Telangana' in terms of the governance in the State. Meanwhile when addressing Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) workers in the premises of Kakatiya
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected yesterday as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel