According to sources Cambridge Analytica-Facebook data mining and data security issue has stirred the entire world in many ways and the reactions from different corners are flying thick and fast. Meanwhile social media platforms are coming under intense scrutiny and many questions are being asked. One of them relates to the data being collected by WhatsApp through its newly introduced UPI based payments gateway.
Recently WhatsApp has launched its digital payment facility, using the Unified Payments Interface UPI, for its Indian customers, but only to a limited number of subscribers. Meanwhile it may now make it available to everyone probably soon. Accordingly the National Payments Commission of India (NPCI), which oversees the operation of UPI, has clearly laid down that sharing of customer data by banks which make the payments through such third-party apps cannot be done without obtaining its written consent.
the government, on its part, says a 10 member committee headed by Supreme Court
justice B.N. Srikrishna has been constituted to go into the data privacy issue
and to come up with the draft regulations or legislation.
Amit Shah asked Rahul Gandhi to apologize to Hindus for labeling them 'terrorists' According to sources BJP National President Amit Shah said "In pursuit of vote bank politics, the Congress popularized 'Hindu Terror' and tried to implicate some Hindu activists in the Meccas Masjid blast case in Hyderabad over a decade ago, though a NIA court acquitted them". Meanwhile the National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Hyderabad acquitted all the five Hindu activists, including Swamy Aseemanand who was accused of triggering a bomb blast in the mosque that killed nine worshipers
- Amazon CEO revealed that Prime has exceeded 100 million members globally
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation all set to chop down trees in Jayanagar
- SC pronounced its verdict on mysterious death of special CBI judge BH Loya
- BJP Tripura CMs comments have become a nationwide trending topic
- Chandrababu has become biggest Dalari: Jagan
- Starbucks announced closure of all its company-owned stores on May 29
- Sri Reddy episode makes headlines for more reasons
- Delhi Rape victim's family receives video!
- Jiofi with 100 GB data!!
- Power star threatened by actress!
- Modi shamed in the US again!
- To avoid traffic congestion, traffic diversion in Hyderabad from today
- TN Governor apologized for patting cheek of a female journalist without her consent
- Bike-sharing startup Vogo, receiving funding from Ola
- Why did Trump's CIA Director made a secret trip to North Korea?