Reports stated that ride-hailing major Ola on Monday said it would roll out about 10,000 electric rickshaws and e-auto-rickshaws in cities and towns across the country over the next 12 months for shuttle services. Meanwhile the city based firm said "They intend to launch one million electric vehicles by 2021 as part of our commitment to sustainable mobility".
Meanwhile as three-wheeler cycle rickshaws and auto-rickshaws are a common transport mode in cities and towns across the country, the company said their electric version would improve outcomes for drivers and commuters alike. Further as per reports the company will use its app-based hailing and leverage its scale to offer cleaner, comfortable and safer service to its customers.
Furthermore the driving electric cars were also not proving to be cost effective to the drivers. Meanwhile the cost of an entry-level electric car itself was over Rs 7 lakh, charging them each day was costing drivers Rs 500-600 and 3-4 hours of their day, which could otherwise be spent on riding and earning. Moreover currently the company has urged state governments to draft an environment policy for deploying electric vehicles, including three-wheelers for mobility.
Sri Lanka temporarily shuts down Facebook after hate speech resulting in mob violence San Francisco sources reported that accused of helping to spur violence in countries like Myanmar, Sri Lanka and India, Facebook has said it will begin removing misinformation that leads to violence and physical harm. Presently as per report Facebook bans content that directly calls for violence but the new policy will cover fake news that has the potential to stir up physical harm.
- What is Non-Confidence Motion? How does it Work?
- OMG... Is Dhoni retiring from ODI's and T20's ??
- TDP MP to Skip No-Trust Vote Tomorrow as he feels Modi Govt will not fall
- UP Cricket Team Selection is based on Prostitutes, Sex, and Money - Rajiv Shukla in Trouble?
- War between Yadav & Azhar continues
- VHP & Bajrang Dal commenced Road blockade Today
- Why Tamil TV Serial Starlet Priyanka committed suicide?
- JC DIVAKAR REDDYS UNRULY DECISION MAY TAMPER TDPCHANCES
- Is Modi Government ready to face first No Trust Motion be held tomorrow?
- Rahul looks like his mother who is a foreigner, he can never be PM: Jai Prakash Singh
- Kerala Govt prepares list of calamities incurred by each individual
- South Western Railway catapulted Captain Service in Bengaluru-New Delhi Karnataka Express train
- Congress & BJP "pandering" to majority community vote: Owaisi
- High Court plans a CBI inquiry on Deputy CM of TN?
- Trump's new checkmate!