Reports stated that ride-hailing major Ola on Monday said it would roll out about 10,000 electric rickshaws and e-auto-rickshaws in cities and towns across the country over the next 12 months for shuttle services. Meanwhile the city based firm said "They intend to launch one million electric vehicles by 2021 as part of our commitment to sustainable mobility".
Meanwhile as three-wheeler cycle rickshaws and auto-rickshaws are a common transport mode in cities and towns across the country, the company said their electric version would improve outcomes for drivers and commuters alike. Further as per reports the company will use its app-based hailing and leverage its scale to offer cleaner, comfortable and safer service to its customers.
Furthermore the driving electric cars were also not proving to be cost effective to the drivers. Meanwhile the cost of an entry-level electric car itself was over Rs 7 lakh, charging them each day was costing drivers Rs 500-600 and 3-4 hours of their day, which could otherwise be spent on riding and earning. Moreover currently the company has urged state governments to draft an environment policy for deploying electric vehicles, including three-wheelers for mobility.
Amit Shah asked Rahul Gandhi to apologize to Hindus for labeling them 'terrorists' According to sources BJP National President Amit Shah said "In pursuit of vote bank politics, the Congress popularized 'Hindu Terror' and tried to implicate some Hindu activists in the Meccas Masjid blast case in Hyderabad over a decade ago, though a NIA court acquitted them". Meanwhile the National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Hyderabad acquitted all the five Hindu activists, including Swamy Aseemanand who was accused of triggering a bomb blast in the mosque that killed nine worshipers
- Amazon CEO revealed that Prime has exceeded 100 million members globally
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation all set to chop down trees in Jayanagar
- SC pronounced its verdict on mysterious death of special CBI judge BH Loya
- BJP Tripura CMs comments have become a nationwide trending topic
- Chandrababu has become biggest Dalari: Jagan
- Starbucks announced closure of all its company-owned stores on May 29
- Sri Reddy episode makes headlines for more reasons
- Delhi Rape victim's family receives video!
- Jiofi with 100 GB data!!
- Power star threatened by actress!
- Modi shamed in the US again!
- To avoid traffic congestion, traffic diversion in Hyderabad from today
- TN Governor apologized for patting cheek of a female journalist without her consent
- Bike-sharing startup Vogo, receiving funding from Ola
- Why did Trump's CIA Director made a secret trip to North Korea?