Chennai sources reported that to provide relief to the patients suffering from rare diseases in Tamilnadu, a Centre of Excellence for rare disorders (CERD) has been launched at Voluntary Health Services (VHS). The CERD has been launched to provide comprehensive health care services to rare disease patients to support the department of maternal and child health of VHS. Meanwhile Dr J. Radhakrishnan, health secretary of Tamilnadu launched the centre, actor Karthi Sivakumar, Dr S Suresh, secretary, VHS and Dr Sujatha Jagadeesh, head of the department of clinical genetics, Mediscan were also present at the event.
Moreover the centre will provide the treatment for rare diseases, give supportive treatment, monitor the patients' conditions regularly and also provide rehabilitation services. Accordingly “The centre would create awareness on birth defects and disorders, but also provide timely access to patients who need diagnosis, intervention and treatment for these diseases”.
Further Dr. Sujatha Jagadeesh said "With the
lack of such a facility, a majority of the patients were at a loss as to how to
cope with these critical conditions they are born with. Presently with
the launch of this centre, patients can undergo timely treatment which would
improve their quality of life.
Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama! Entire Telangana Police Department is searching for one person right from morning. Congress party has called for seizing Pragathi Bhavan in support of RTC demands. Police has start searching for Congress party leaders and make them under house arrest.
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar
- Record Voter Turnout in Huzoornagar
- TDP in Jitters Over Reverse-Tendering Savings
- TSRTC Did Not Have Funds To Pay Salaries
- TRS Confident of Winning Huzoornagar
- Maharashtra recorded 63% Voter Turnout, Haryana 61%, Polling Ends
- Jagan Manages Amit Shah's Appointment on Third Instance
- Key candidates in Haryana state assembly elections 2019
- Uttar Pradesh bypolls voting underway
- Appreciation certificate for first voter by EC in Madhya Pradesh
- Polling disrupted in Maharashtra due to faulty EVMs, Polling resumed
- Litmus test for BJP in Huzurnagar Bypolls
- Voting Halfway Down, More celebrities get their fingers inked
- Voting percentage below 20 in Maharashtra and Haryana elections till noon
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time